Our company just got a 1998 Grove Manlift AMZ46NE, my boss drove it off the truck and it worked perfect for 50 feet, then the drive stopped working. It has the Sevcon controller,any help in getting the electrical prints for this model. Note: all other motions work in perfect order! Russ
Welcome to HEF Russ1. :drinkup First thing is to check batteries and state of charge. On any electric machine with a motor controller, such as a Sevcon, if battery voltage drops below a certain value, the motor controller will prevent drive from operating because low voltage will destroy motors. In this condition, all other functions will work, but drive won't.
Yes, my boss said he checked the battery indicator on the control panel , the bar was at about 60%, that was Thrus. So Fri he serviced the batteries (new, no corrision) with dis-water and put it on the charger all day! Sat AM, I found a link to get the pdf file for the Sevcon MOS90 controller. Batt shows 100%! But this Sevcon file is 1991 and does not reflect changes that Grove made upto 1998! While checking the machine over (wiring. etc..) LED flashes 5 and 5, directionals seem ok. So, Mon I will have go under and check the motor! But I still need the electrical prints for this machine! Thanks! Russ
I don't have access to Grove diagrams, sorry. You might contact MinnPar as they acquired the Grove product line when Grove went out of the aerial lift business. I don't know if they can provide manuals/diagrams, but they are the source for Grove parts. > http://www.minnpar.com/
Hi, 5 flashes on the traction controller means, "Direction contactor did not close, or open-circuit motor" I would check and see if the dead man switch is closing properly and check for poor connections at the various multiple pin plugs. Also check in the contactor panel for loose connections.
I just got one of these machines a few weeks ago, I got it knowing it has problems and I am working my way through them, I found inside the machine the page for controller codes that was faxed to whoever diag the machine 1 1/2 years ago, BillG is correct in the definition, these controllers are common for electric lifts and forklifts, my controller is currently out being rebuilt because a new one is $1500. I found JLG electric lifts are very similar and use most of the same electronics, the hydraulics are very different though. the controllers are specific to each machine so you can't just swap controllers from one machine to the next unless the service numbers are exactly the same. I am going to eventually get the parts and service manual for it but that's $375 I don't want to spend right now, once my controller comes back that is shipping today, I need to buy new batteries next, that's $2000. I was told that was what it needed when it broke down. hope this helps
Thanks guys, I found the problem the next day. My test meter read "Open Ckt" between A1 and A2! Went under to the motor, pulled brush cover and the motor is "Open"! We were on a timed "Demo", pushed it aside for now! Will pull motor at a later date!