I have some issues on my hands here. I had a rotation gear box go down in a TB60 last fall. Tried to order the parts from the Snorkel dealer late last year and i was told that two of the three kits were in stock and could ship, the other (swing brakes) were not in stock and were a two month lead time. We havent needed the machine so i didnt get back around to dealing with this till about March. At that point i was told that they could not get the parts and the only option was to have Snorkel get a new gear box built (at $4000!). Needless to say that soured my wanting to get this wrapped up, so i shopped around and tried to find a new one, to no avail. So about a month ago i broke down and ordered the $4000 gear box. I called today to see where they were with it and i was told that Snorkel is not going to honor this and that they are not producing booms, might go under, had no supplier contacts anymore. Well, that is just awesome considering we have 4 snorkel booms....... My question is: Does anyone know of a place to try and find a used gear box? I need this machine and have no idea where to go with this.
I know nothing about the Snorkel situation, that would be tough in your situation for sure. Are all 4 of your machines TB60's?
Two 60's 1 - 42' and a tb 126 (whole other story there)! Using the other 60 at the moment though.
Oh man, I don't even want to think about the quirks of a TB126 or a Pro 126. Snorkel made some decent (and some dud) machines, but if their future is to go belly up, seems it's time to replace the fleet before the day of reckoning happens. Good luck my friend.
Snorkel is in the process of being sold, again! I have been working on Snorkel units for 20 years. I have some good contacts there, Barklee, what are you looking for? Seal kits or complete rotation gear box? I will see what they can do for you.
I took the gear box off and to the dealer to have them rebuild it. They tore it down (which took four days of soaking in oil) and they told me it wasnt worth rebuilding even if they can get the parts. He said yesterday there was a chance of rebuilding it if we had all the parts sandblasted, but it wasnt the greatest idea. The serial is JA01103 and it has a Perfection gear box with the internal brake. I would have to call the dealer to get the numbers off that, but i will if you need it. I would prefer a whole new box, but if the best i can get is the inner parts then i will do that also. Thanks!
No good news on this part, sorry. If you are willing to prepay for one they can get it but will still take 6 weeks to get it. I was just quoted $3000 for a brand new one from them. If this is something you are interested in contact the parts department direct at 785-989-3090 and ask for Tommy. He can hook you up with all the details. Again sorry not much help on this one!
Okay, thanks i will try that route. My dealer told me the same thing and we pre paid for the part and was told they would not make it. I guess at this point i wonder if i give them the money down will i actually get the part? It wont hurt to try and i will follow up on this. Thanks again!
Probably the thing to do at this point. They do build a good machine but without parts support where are you? I have been very happy with the 60 and 40 size machines and cant say a bad thing about the quality. The 126 on the other hand............. not enough room to type that one out!