Problem: In the lower control board, there is a ESCM (Engine and System Control Module) and of late, the "Tach Input" light goes out and the machine shuts down. Traced wiring from ESCM back to alternator (which supplies Tach Info) and found no problems. When engine is running, I have 8.2 Vdc with 8.75 pulsed AC that keeps the "Tach Input" illuminated. When the light goes out, I still have the same voltage(s) before the fuel is exhausted. I fear the ESCM is/has going bad and speaking with Minnpar, they indicated equipment too old and have no spare/replacement part. I am trying to find someone with a scrap MZ 66 DXT, Duetz Diesel that still has the ESCM module, or someone with better info or understanding of this problem ESCM: Grove Part # 7-352-100007 (Version 1.4)
Man. Good luck. Have not seen a grove around in a long long time. Aerial equipment is weird like that. Once it reaches a certain age it gets replaced. Once it gets real old they usually end up scrapped. Hopefully you can find one getting parted out.