Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

GROVE MZ66 – Basket Rotating Seal?

MX45 ยท 2020-09-12 22:27

Afternoon Fellas, I have a significant oil leak while running and then when standing from the rotating section under the basket. Clearly I need to repair this if I can. While I have carried out some repairs I have not done anything ever with removal of a basket and then replacing what I presume will be an oil seal or or ring underneath the basket to contain the hydraulic oil flow? I will go an take some photos and attach shortly in a following post to see if anyone understands what needs to be done and if it is reasonable to do so??? I do have a Kubota bucket I could lift the basket off with but I am working alone? Thanks in anticipation of your thoughts/experiences here,

Replies3
  1. #1MX452020-09-12 22:43
  2. #2MX452020-09-12 22:46

    The two round sections bolted together rotate on the bottom cylinder. Trouble is I don't know what I need to avoid if I pull the bolts and remove the basket - what might occur ??? Best advices please and if really difficult I might have to retire the machine?

  3. #3MX452020-09-12 22:47

    OR - is this straight forward and I should not be terrified of breaking or moving something critical?