Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grove TM120T

Ben Myers · 2020-07-31 09:57

Hello- I am new here. I searched and didn't find much, so here it goes.... Just bought an old Grove TM120T for private use around farm and possibly to set trusses on some pole buildings, etc. I realize this is small talk compared to what the big guys are using, and it is an old crane. I am looking for some some info on the crane and possibly any repair manuals/other manuals that may be available. I got a PDF online that has some very basic info along with the load charts/angles on it. This crane is a 15T, 62' of boom with a 20' jib. It has a cummins 555 for the truck engine (not desirable, I know), and a Ford 300 inline 6 to run the crane. I plan to get this thing cleaned up and repainted, and keep it around for personal use. It seems to be very well made. Hydraulics are strong on it. Recently had the main boom cylinders rebuilt, newer cable, etc. I appreciate the help. I will try and post some pictures soon. My email is [email protected] Thanks, Ben

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-08-01 07:12

    Welcome to HEF, Ben ! Do you have any experience running cranes of any kind ?

  2. #2Ben Myers2020-08-01 09:46

    Thanks for the welcome. Short answer on that is no, not really. I plan to get some reading material and study up on the basics. I have practiced some with the crane and have a couple small things I’ll probably move first as more practice.

  3. #3Homer Dokes2024-08-23 20:00

    Hi Ben, Curious if you still frequent these forums. Would like to touch base with you regarding the TM120T you purchased. I am purchasing a 1964 TM12T this weekend, one I have already gone and checked out every which way from sunday. Like you I can not find anything on the TM12T at all but I have found quite a bit on the TM120T. Near as I can tell, they are nearly, if not are the same machine. Hope to hear from you soon,

  4. #4Ben Myers2024-08-23 20:20

    Hello Homer. I don’t get in these forums much but I saw the email notification. What kind of information are you looking for? Send me a message or an email if you want and I can send my phone number. Curious what info you found in the 120T. Ben

  5. #5Homer Dokes2024-08-24 08:56

    Hi Ben, Sent a couple emails out to you at the address you provided above. Can you confirm receipt?