Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grove TM250 info needed

mitch504 ยท 2013-07-08 19:03

I'm looking at buying a grove tm250 that I have been borrowing anytime I needed a truck crane. I have a few things I'd like to know. First off, what does it weigh? It has a carrier w/ 2 steer axles and 2 drive axles, 92' of boom, and a Detroit up and down. Next question, what year is it? The serial number is 4464. Next, what do they sell for? It looks rough, but I've runit a few times this year and it works well. Thanks guys, Mitch

Replies1
  1. #1td25c2013-07-08 22:05

    Thats cool mitch! Sounds like the crane your looking at is specked out the same as mine. Figure 70,000 lbs give or take on the operating weight ,depends some on what equipment is stowed on the unit,25ton block is 550 lbs,spreader bar,cribbing,rigging & tools, etc. My TM 250 is a 1969 model and the serial number is in the lower 3000's so off the cuff I would guess 4464 could be 1970 to say 1972.I'm just guessing at that. I dont see any for sale on www.machinerytrader.com but in the past I have seen asking prices of TM 250's at 20,000 at the low end to 45,000 on the high end. They are a nice size crane,big enough to lift some weight and not to bad to move for smaller jobs like your buddy needing trusses set on his garage. I get seals & parts from www.wppellc.com/Contact_Us.htm I usually call the store in Lebanon,IN. Cant remember the ladys name that works at the parts counter but she is pretty sharp at her job.You could give her the serial number and in a few minutes she will tell you all about the crane.Good people to deal with.I have operators ,maintenance,parts books ,& load chart.Any more questions just holler mitch. They are handy riggs.