Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

growing pains

kevink ยท 2015-05-28 21:40

Need some help and thanks in advance Been recycling concrete for a few years always ran bigger outfits me and a friend of mine went in bought some wore out equipment started for ourselves. We have a 30x42 jaw feeding a screen and then a 15x36 jaw need to get more production but don't know which way to turn. looking at cones and impact for secondary or bigger jaw if possible , I have ran impact before never cones, but some of our material is pretty trashy lot of wood and aluminum not a problem when selling just wondering about how cones compared to impact are for that. also I know impact wear but don't know cone wear. Tell me what works best for everbody. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1kevink2015-05-28 22:03

    Forgot to add my main product is 1 in road base

  2. #2RocksnRoses2015-05-29 08:59

    I would go for an impact crusher, myself, they are simple and virtually indestructible. It would smash the wood up, the aluminium would not be a problem and it would also produce more fines than a cone crusher, if you were looking for fines to bind the finished product. I do not think abrasion would be a big problem in recycled concrete. RnR.

  3. #3ol'stonebreaker2015-05-29 09:07

    If you're dealing w/ a lot of rebar a slide bed under your primary jaw would be money well spent. It will really cut down on punctured/ ripped belt. Mike