Back a few years ago I was able to purchase millings from the Texas Motor Speedway grind. Some of the material had oil added in during the regrind process and the driveways I installed with it look and performed almost as well new asphalt. Not quite as black and pretty, but very durable. I used a ton vibratory roller and they turned out really nice. The "oil added" product is long gone, but I wonder if anyone has mixed oil into RAP when spreading and what were the results?
I've seen some pretty heavily traveled private roads around here done with RAP. It looked nasty at first, like black gravel with huge hunks of asphalt mixed in. They spread it pretty thick but pretty carefully with a lot of water mixed in, I assume for compaction. Over a couple of months that stuff packed into what now looked like a rough paving job and held up very well. I would recommend it.