Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Guages for a Case 450 dozer

casp2000 ยท 2023-03-10 14:32

Hi... I am trying to find gauges for a 1978 Case 450 dozer...and yes, Case has the Converter oil temp gauge, but at 475.00 , that is a little rich for this old guy, so I am trying to find an aftermarket one if they are made?? Also may need a couple other guages as well....so a source would really be helpful... Don't know if I can put my email here or not.. but it is [email protected] ... Thanks, Grant

Replies10
  1. #1Mcrafty12023-03-10 16:13

    Welcome to HEF! I would look for salvage yards the handled equipment, There are a few around the country, I would think there would be one with a parted out 450 case, I wouldn't know how to contact any but maybe some here will be able to point you in the right direction. The only place like that I know of would be Eddie Nash in Colchester VT., You should be able to get his website/phone number from the internet. www.nashequipment.com

  2. #2casp20002023-03-10 16:59

    Thanks so much for the info... It has been very frustrating trying to find these on the internet...and at my age, I don't care for the computers anyway!!!! lol Thanks Grant

  3. #3casp20002023-03-10 21:59

    Are there any of the Case tractor gauges that will work on the dozer, like the engine oil pressure gauge, Ammeter, Engine Temp gauge?? Thanks

  4. #4Tones2023-03-11 02:09

    If the gauges are mechanical or electric a good auto parts store should have some on the shelf unless you want Case specific. The last one I purchased was a SAAS 2" barrel with sensor and wiring for about 60 bucks. It works up to 140 psi

  5. #5alrman2023-03-11 02:22

    CAT have a series of guages that I have used in older style machines & the prices aren't too bad either.

  6. #6casp20002023-03-11 02:40

    Thank you so much for the info!!!!! Grant

  7. #7Tinkerer2023-03-11 09:59

    Web links sure look different on the new website update ! The grey area is a link to the eBay website. Case Tractor Temperature,Tachometer, Oil Pressure ,Ammeter ,Fuel Gauge Set | eBay This Fuel Gauge The gauges have Yellow Zinc "Cad" Plating for corrosion resistance protection! Dash opening is 2" 52mm. Mounting studs and bracket, rubber gasket seal for mounting flush to dash and have glass lens. www.ebay.com

  8. #8casp20002023-03-11 15:14

    Thanks so much for the info!!!! Grant

  9. #9Mcrafty12023-03-11 15:52

    That ebay deal looks fantastic, when I commented earlier I assumed you were looking for an original Case gauge...that was my mistake, I hope you can find one that you want without give Case their price.

  10. #10casp20002023-03-11 16:19

    Thanks, I believe some of these will work, but for that price , it's worth taking a chance!!!! Thanks, Grant