Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Guide lug wear on new machine?

Doug580l · 2021-03-20 10:04

I've put about 3 hours on a new Case TR310B. I was checking the track tension today and noticed that the rubber was wearing off on the outside of the guide lugs on both sides of the machine. Never had a CTL before so I don't know if this is normal or not. I'll try to include a picture. Is this normal? Thanks, Doug​

Replies5
  1. #1Doug580l2021-03-20 10:05

    Damn, that's a big picture.

  2. #2KSSS2021-03-20 13:58

    Here is 150 hours on my 450B. They all wear like that. The rubber I think is just part of the manufacturing process of the tracks. That rubber doesn't do anything.

  3. #3CM19952021-03-20 14:32

    Yep - totally normal.

  4. #4Doug580l2021-03-20 14:38

    That's a relief, thanks!

  5. #5skata2021-03-22 00:24

    That side of the lugs wears against the lower middle rollers. It's Normal.