I just found out my zx200lc H link is twisted after trying to pin on a new bucket. Any of you guys try aftermarket H link? Thanks
I bought one for a bigger 450 and it was junk, found one used if its just twisted we've pushed back straight before. good luck, also the one I got would not even hold seal or o-rings on out side
How'd you go about straightening it out before?
The H on our zx210 seems to be cast of some fairly hard stuff . Take care if you do attempt straightening .
We just made up a fixture to hold the straight end and a pin to hold one side of the bent side and push up with 80ton cylinder if will ether staighten or break , they are made of some sort ductile.
Is it welded or cast. Photos help
This is what I use.
You sure the bucket bores are true? I've had a lot of issues lately with new junk from various manufacturers
Big hydraulic press works, and if it snaps, you aren't in any worse shape than before. You try flipping it over?
Thats what I tell them when the unload it I'll bend it or break it.
They broke the bucket ear on this one and twisted it then they tried to straighten and twisted cylinder end made it a little tuffer but it all worked out. It's bad enough to buy replacement but new part was 6 weeks out and there's a payment due on the piece a $****.
That's a hell of a fixture for a repair! Nice to have materials and equipment to hand when you need it, eh?
Depends on the aftermarket source, I have aftermarket suppliers who's products are as good if not better than manufacturer products, I also have suppliers who are there for the more frugal customers who's product isn't as good but the price is a hell of a lot less to offset the quality. You can't say all aftermarket is junk just because 1 piece you bought didn't work, that's like saying all gala apples are **** because you got a bruised one once.
Didn't mean to step on toes just going on everything i've seen would love to know who you use.
Don't worry, it just frustrates me when people berate something with a sweeping comment, sometimes i just vent that frustration sorry. We had a genuine manufacturer part fail spectacularly just a couple of weeks ago, I have spoken with them and the issue is resolved, no fuss no berating the product, sometimes **** happens, it's how the problem is dealt with that does it for me. As for my suppliers, that is a closely guarded secret and the reason we are in business
I like that fixture. "Go big or go home" ............
There's not many pics. of it but this shop designed and built a 3000 ton head press that uses a 6ft. diameter hydraulic cylinder. They also built a smaller 1200 ton head press. If you scroll down to pg. 10 there's a pic. of it. FieldServices_Brochure2006._PDFversion.indd (edmontonexchanger.com)
I've knocked the bushings out, welded up the bores and just machined the mess straight. When you get done, it's probably about the same cost. You are just in control of that cost.
Thank you Sir
I have too but I can usually pull one back in a couple hours
That is a badass tool you built. Aftermarket I agree, I've had luck on some things others not so. My uncle says the same on rubber tracks, some good some trash. The thing on aftermarket H link that bothers me is it's welded together and it doesn't look welded all the way through, more like butt pieces together and one weld around it probably with potmetal steel too. Where oem are all one piece. Just unloaded a used one from a big dismantle yard that got here and.....it rocks on the concrete floor just like mine does can't believe they send a twisted one out the door. Life's hard, add equipment and it's just frustrating. I don't know of anyone around here that has a press, if its welded and bored then the sides are weird and it won't fit right between attachment ears. Twr, are you welding/repair shop or just your equipment?
If anyone is wondering, I just bought machine, apparently it happened because they wouldn't put pin bolts in, ruined bucket ear but I missed the H link being twisted. But wouldn't hurt to measure between new bucket pin holes. Dam guys wouldn't put two easy bolts in and causes thousands of dollars in damage
Yes Sir we are in the repair side shop and field equipment repair, and welding machining