My Heine-Werner C-14 has a pressure gauge on each hydraulic return filter. They are bad and I can't read the pressure range on the face. Anyone know what they should be? Thanks, PK.
I will take a look at mine sometime in the next couple of days and let you know what I find. I will also take a look at my manual and see if it has any info.
Thanks Rob, that would be great. PK
I'll try to remember to scan my HW manuals next time I'm near them... Not sure if my C12 has the indicators on the filters, I don't seem to remember there being any......... Did you ever get yours up and running again Rob?
Kelly mt, Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I should have read your posting closer. You have a C-14, I have a C-12 and it doesn't have any pressure gauge on the hydraulic return filters. So I am of no help to you. I would thing someone out threr would have some info for you. Good luck. spitzar, Good to hear from you, I hope all is well. Yea I did finally get my C-12 back together. I had to pull the 1000 pound drive gearbox off the one side and then replace the big bearing that holds the output shaft in place. Man what a job it was to put the gearbox back up under and back in place. I sure don't want to ever have to do that job again. Now I just need spring to get here so I can start digging the pond. I sure hope the old C-12 doesn't have another big break down like the gearbox or I will probably give in and scrap it. I hate to be that way but its just getting to be a big pain. Basically its worth more in scrap than what it is a a unit. I guess I just keep digging with it until it wont dig any more. I do have a chance to pick up a 1980 Komatsu PC200LC for a good price but it is 200 miles away and the guy that want to sell it said it needs new boom cylinders because one bent and then wore itself out from the inside. I wonder where all the steel shavings went from the cylinder wearing out? My guess is in the hydraulic filter? But how much got into the pump? The price is right for getting the Komatsu but its a big gamble on the hydraulic issues...
Thanks Rob. That's a nice looking Komatsu. PK.
Glad you got the HW back together Rob! Hopefully it'll be a good machine for you now! I'd be a bit worried about the valve bank on the Komatsu, if the debris made it all the way to the filters it would have had to have gone through the valves first to get there... Kelly, take a look here: http://www.minnpar.com/partbooks/Hein Warner/C14A PM #9308133.PDF , this might give you some info... Cheers!
Thanks for the reply spitzair. I have that manual downloaded. It lists the gauges but gives no range info. PK
Hey Kelly, Did you ever get your heater sorted out? I stole this pic off the net, hopefully it shows you what you need to see to get yours to work. If not, I'll try my best to remember to take pictures on my machine next time I see it.
Thanks for the reply spitzair. Yes I got the heater working. I called the Detroit dealer over in Spokane and they told me how to plumb it. It's just like the picture you posted. Thanks for the help. PK