Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

H80B torque converter same as H90

Rob Mountain · 2020-12-23 10:35

I was wondering if anyone on here knows if an h80 and an h90 share the same torque converter? I have an h80B and I need a new torque converter as mine came apart internally. My part number is 926 984 C93 and I have an S-700 transmission.

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2020-12-23 10:40

    Are you talking about a Hough wheel loader? Maybe a make, model, serial number or year of manufacture would provide a clue someone could latch onto.

  2. #2Rob Mountain2020-12-23 12:28

    Mine is an international which is the same as Hough and I'm unsure of the year, 79? maybe. It's an H80-B serial is 3500103U002852X

  3. #3John C.2020-12-23 18:07

    It is a 1979. Do you know which engine it has in it? I believe the H90 had the 817 in line six.

  4. #4Rob Mountain2021-01-06 11:05

    Sorry for the delayed response been out for a bit. Thanks on the info on the year, How were you able to tell? I couldn't find info anywhere. And it has the Dt466 in it. I found a company called Precision in New Hampton to rebuild the converter for me, so I'm at least good on that now.

  5. #5John C.2021-01-06 11:17

    I have a service that provides that info. I have to pay a subscription fee for it. I don't believe the bell housing on the 466 is as large as the one on the 817 engine.

  6. #6Rob Mountain2021-01-06 12:29

    Right on. Thanks again I appreciate it