Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L90E “stop computer failed”

Squarebody6.6 · 2020-12-22 22:31

Have a L90E loader. Message comes up on dash “Stop computer failure stop the vehicle”. Park brake will not release now and loader will not move. Anyone have any insight in what to start checking before changing out computers?

Replies6
  1. #1sfrs42020-12-23 06:00

    Sounds like you have a wiring issue. try checking earth points first then the wiring between ECU's

  2. #2funwithfuel2020-12-23 07:07

    You've lost communication between vehicle and information ECUs. There's 2 very common causes. Cheap option is a failed relay. I believe its number 10. The I-ECU powers up the other half of the I-ECU it sounds weird but makes perfect sense in the schematics. The second common is a failed instrument panel. It fails to signal the other half to wake up. I will see if I can find that schematic this afternoon.

  3. #3funwithfuel2020-12-24 08:52

    Sorry , relay 11 is the one you're after to power the V-ECU and other half of the I-ECU

  4. #4abedsunna2021-01-20 13:06

    hello i have problem with volvo L330E engine coolant fan not working and hydrulic not reachvthe pipes any help please

  5. #5funwithfuel2021-01-20 17:14

    Any errors on display, please open new thread for your particular problem

  6. #6raja saqib2025-08-03 13:09

    I have loader l90e error coming of reduce computer function and rpm of engine rpm not exceed 1200 gear shifting also affected only 2 gears apply what is reason and solution