Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Half Way There ….

Tiny ยท 2012-11-02 23:51

Boss told me that the NCCCO guys were in town and said they have a practice session tonight . By Nov. 2014 even the boom truck guys have to have a card . They are doing the practical part of the test . The written part part they will be back in Jan. Seems kinda backwards but what the hay . Figured I would get familiar with the boom truck tonight then go back tomorrow and spend the day trying to get past the test . When my turn came up I run the the machine even though it was a bit jerky and ill manored . When I was done the guy said " You really need to take the test ....Tonight " Soooo an hour later I was done and feel like I passed it . They were all smiles and the guys hosting told me that it looked good . Will be officially notified by mail . I was sweating this part for sure . Saved my weekend Too Only thing I was told about the written when I asked about how tough it was , Load Charts , Load Charts , Load Charts .

Replies3
  1. #1willie592012-11-03 00:25

    LoL, that's awesome dude. :drinkup I would think you have a grip on the load charts by now.

  2. #2bigshow2012-11-03 06:07

    They throw in some "tricky"questions on the charts, they will ask you a bunch of " net" capacity related questions, then try to sneak in a "gross" capacity question. The time might not seem like much but I had enough time to triple check all my answers and caught a couple blunders.If my borderline retarded arse can pass it, I'm sure you'll have no problem. Congrats on the practical and good luck on the written.

  3. #3Dustindlb2012-11-09 13:41

    Tricky is correct. They will use the most common mistake made and put that wrong answer on the test to throw u off. They will use tricky wording as well. Read everything twice. Load charts were only 5 of the 20-25 questions on the test when I took it (2008).