Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New here

Dustindlb · 2012-11-09 12:39

Hi, stumbled across this site today, from south Louisiana, run a Demag AC80-2 for a crane rental company. Been an extremely busy year for us down here... How's everyone else fairing?

Replies10
  1. #1Tiny2012-11-09 20:42

    Welcome , Good to have new faces , Sorta . Work here has been fair . Last 3 weeks or so have been tough , Pretty spotty .

  2. #2gostr8r2012-11-10 09:51

    Welcome from Orlando. I’m doing very well and where I want to be as far as my job. I enjoy this site a great deal, even tho it’s not as busy as it could be. Hope you’ll stay active here and help keep us entertained as well as informed.

  3. #3BridgeCraneJen2012-11-29 12:02

    Welcome, Dustin! I hope you enjoy the forum! It's a great group of guys...and you will surely be entertained by their photos.

  4. #4catkicker2012-11-29 20:48

    Welcome to the site. Speaking of photos here is a couple of pics.

  5. #5Blmreject2012-12-03 22:43

    Nice to meet you. Welcome. since i haven't introduced myself yet this is as good a time as any, my name is chuck. I live in Oregon, bout an hour northwest of porkland. I've been laying low checking out the site for a while. I fancy myself an old school friction but things have been really slow here. So, today i took a floater position with a local crane rental outfit I've worked for alot times in the past, so things are looking better.

  6. #6Dustindlb2012-12-04 06:40

    Nice to meet all of y'all... Thanks for the intros Bear in mind that I love learning about my craft so if I ask a stupid question or two, bear with me

  7. #7BridgeCraneJen2012-12-10 13:02

    Dustin, that's the best way to be.

  8. #8grandpa2012-12-10 14:03

    Dustin,,,, welcome , there is no such thing as a stupid question.... the folks on this site are very cordial. If someone steps out of line, there is a whole plethera of fellow's that will straighten them out.... Gramps.

  9. #9brassman802012-12-10 20:39

    I suppose I might as well introduce myself as well. My name is Ray and I hail from Buffalo, NY. I am staring down the last 4 months of my apprenticeship and truly enjoy almost all of it. I am seeing that good crane operators are going by the wayside and what's even scarier is the lack of committed training for us up and comers. I am proud to work construction and love my area, but I am looking into 'chasing' work if I am not already in action by Memorial Day. I have been a silently browsing this site and have found much useful information, so thanks for that and I look forward to more industry related dialogue with you all. Best Regards, Ray Parker IV Local 17

  10. #10Dustindlb2012-12-15 09:56

    You are correct... More employers are hiring under qualified or non qualified "warm bodies" to fill seats and not providing proper training to those who want it... I know here construction is major industry and easy to get into... If ur planning on traveling chasing work, south Louisiana and east Texas stay busy... See ya soon