Does anyone have any insight on who makes Halla excavators?
Short version is they were part of a Korean heavy industry group that went TUW in '97 or '98, got put under Hyundai's control through the bankruptcy and the name eventually disappeared from the equipment. Hyundai still builds excavators of course but I doubt they sell parts for the Halla machines. I may be wrong, that's just what I could gather from all the mergers, acquisitions, and name changes....
We had one in our fleet, the engine was cummins, and the pumps kawasaki, no problem on this side of the machine, once the machine had problems with the electronic throttle control and it already had a manual throttle behind the operator seat. It was not a very bad machine, we had worst
Welcome to the Forums tonsoffun!:drinkup
Daewoo, Halla, Hyundai, Samsung...all South Korean. In the 80's and 90's they all bought their major components from the same factories. (mainly Japanese) The engines differed as well as cosmetics. The (majority) of the main hydraulic pumps were all Kawasaki. (a few odd models had Rexroth) Final Drives were Teijin Seiki Swing Motor were Shibaura Halla was short lived. From what I have been told in Korea, it was one of the Hyundai son's that started this division of Halla, he quickly became bored with it and did not have the market share that Samsung, Daewoo and Hyundai did. I have cross referenced all of the major components on the Halla series. Parts supply is not a problem. (I've spent my 18 years in this industry specializing in Japanese and Korean excavators and I travel to both countries often)
looking for front upper windshield frame or assembly for a hallla HE 220. any help will be appreciated.