Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Halla HE280LC – worth buying?

kingkong0192 · 2024-10-18 04:37

I can pickup a Halla 280 excavator for $10k. It needs a swing motor but otherwise runs and is a solid straight not all beat up machine. Good undercarriage, good bucket, cylinders aren’t leaking, etc. Just a nice clean machine that needs a swing motor. I’m going to get the machine S/N and see if I can price out a swing motor beforehand. Should I stay away from this machine? It’s mostly going to be a farm machine. I have a lot of rocks I need to bury and it’s plumbed for a hammer. So I figure it would be a cheap hammer/farm machine.

Replies3
  1. #1DanDavis2024-10-18 04:52

    10k sounds reasonable. consider an aftermarket swing motor, much cheaper than OEM ones

  2. #2Lagwagon2024-10-18 20:56

    Probably a good farm machine, simple engineering, easy to work on. Korean made and will have many parts used on the equivalent Hyunda/Doosan model. Try these guys, normally they need a part number but may not need it if you get the right guy on the right shift. HOMEPAGE - HYCO heavy parts www.hyco.co.kr https://topglobalparts.com/parts/korean-excavator-parts/?ckattempt=1 https://heavypartsolution.com/?ckattempt=1

  3. #3Lagwagon2024-10-18 21:02

    I would buy it, worst case scenario is your up for a new swing motor, best case the swing spool is jammed or swing reliefs are playing up which will be a much cheaper fix.