Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Handy tool

Joe H · 2025-07-25 01:05

5.1M views · 41K reactions | Our Track Jack testing continues. #caterpillar #cat #komatsu #volvo #earthmoving #mining #heavywrenching #caterpillarwrenching #farm #farming #constructionequipment #johndeereconstruction | J.J. Scheckel Corporation Our Track Jack testing continues. #caterpillar #cat #komatsu #volvo #earthmoving #mining #heavywrenching #caterpillarwrenching #farm #farming #constructionequipment #johndeereconstruction www.facebook.com

Replies10
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-07-25 04:11

    Great if you have lots of belly pans to do. Imagine it costs $3000K plus. However could make a manual version of it fairly easily. Could modify a jack for quads.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-07-25 07:23

    As much of a pain it is to keep around, I find a narrow pallet jack and cribbing helps with anything I need to lift, cars, trucks, tranny’s, bikes, garden tractors, zero turns. After having one for a few years, never be without one again.

  3. #3DDoug2025-07-25 07:28

    Just how do you drive it, and see the holes are lined up without running over yourself or someone else ? I see an accident waiting to happen

  4. #4Old Doug2025-07-25 07:31

    Thats probably why their doing a lot of testing .

  5. #5DDoug2025-07-25 07:44

    Testing is gonna prove what ?

  6. #6Old Doug2025-07-25 08:12

    How many times it runs over some one.

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-07-25 17:10

    It's remote control and the operator can see where he's driving it and if anything is in the way. It doesn't just randomly drive anywhere without any input.

  8. #8JD955SC2025-07-25 20:38

    J.J. Scheckel, the company developing their version of the belly pan lift, rebuilds a lot of D10/D11s in a similar manner to Cat’s certified rebuilds. The belly pans are very large, awkward, and heavy. Trying to do them with makeshift stuff like a floor jack is a dangerous combination. I know because that’s all I ever had in my career and I’ve had a few belly pans go tumbling off the jack while trying to get them up into position. I always hated them for that reason. I know this forum is famous for its old curmudgeons but there is a point where doing things “the old way, like we’ve always done it” is not a safe prospect.

  9. #9pittsburgh cat man2025-07-25 20:55

    cat actually has a belly pan jack that works very well and I'm sure a lot cheaper

  10. #10Truck Shop2025-07-27 15:25

    Agreed--and just as many young ones willing to use a scabby transmission jack on a large gear box. Only takes one time, the crushed limbs and broken parts & pieces makes that 3,000 lb OTC transmission jack cheap.