Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hanix 30

mce5802 · 2018-11-15 07:54

Hello. I recently acquired a 12000# Hanix excavator. It runs good, when the guy delivered it it was 6 degrees and it started right up I couldn't hardly believe it. Its a Mitsubishi diesel. Anyway, my question on this, the hydraulics seem really slow, low digging force I think, and it tracks real slow. It seems to have enough tracking power though. It swings fast enough. The main pumps are I think two gear pumps bolted together, one must be tracking and swing (?) and one runs the boom/stick valve body? then a separate belt driven pump for the blade and boom side shift. I'm wondering anyone knows the gpm required for a machine like this, maybe I could adapt new pumps to it if I did a little machining. Its a gray market machine, and the original pump isn't available from Hanix in Japan. I knew when I bought it, from reading this forum, there would be issues with parts. Thanks in advance. Mike

Replies12
  1. #1uffex2018-11-15 09:02

    Hi Mike Not sure which Hanix 12000# ? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2mce58022018-11-15 10:08

    Sorry. It’s a S&B 30 s

  3. #3mce58022018-11-15 11:48

    I did some figuring maybe you guys can verify it. On that machine the boom cylinder is behind the boom so it fills from the rod eye end to raise. It’s a 5” by 36” cylinder w a 2 1/2” rod, which I think takes about .75 to fill from the rod end. The specs for other machines say it should take roughly 3-4 seconds to fill the boom cylinder, so figuring 4 seconds that would be 1/15th of a minute to pump .75 gal, roughly an 11 gpm pump? What happens in I put like a 15 gpm pump on? Thanks again Mike

  4. #4f311fr12018-11-15 17:46

    5 inch bore =19.635 cu in per inch of stroke = 19.635 X 36 = 706.86 cubic inches 2.5 inch rod = 4.9087 cu in per inch of stroke = 4.9087 X 36 = 176.71 cubic inches 60 seconds divided by 4 seconds = a time factor of 15 So if you fill from the rod end 706.86 - 176.71 = 530.15 cu in X time factor of 15 = 7,953.25 cu in divided by 231 cu in per gallon = 34.42 GPM

  5. #5mce58022018-11-15 18:56

    Ok thanks. The pump should be able to handle more than one function at once too I spose?

  6. #6f311fr12018-11-15 19:49

    Probably. How old is the machine and do you have any pictures of the pump(s) and the valve bank? What is the HP of the engine?

  7. #7mce58022018-11-15 20:24

    It’s early ‘90s, I don’t know the year. The engine is around 40 hp. I’ll take pictures tomorrow. The levers hook directly to the valve bank, not pilot control.

  8. #8mce58022018-11-15 20:47
  9. #9mce58022018-11-15 20:49

    Those are just gear pumps right?

  10. #10f311fr12018-11-15 21:44

    Yes they are gear pumps. H P required is GPM X PSI X .0007. I have attached info on how to measure for replacement.

  11. #11mce58022018-11-16 04:35

    Thank you, sir! That is what I needed to be able to figure out. I will take the pumps apart and measure them.

  12. #12mce58022018-11-22 13:29

    Ok I took the pumps off this morning and measured them. Width of gear is .665, diameter 1.7 and length 3.1”. This figures out to 6.5 gpm, which is close to what I got when I was timing it. Someone has done some cobbling to the engine mounts and I’m thinking they may have put different pumps on. The motor is a four cylinder Mitsubishi diesel, I’m guessing 35-40 hp. I think the pumps are too small for this machine. The input is a 12 spline I think real close to 7/8 diameter, (is this common?) and I think they may have even changed the bell housing n coupler to accommodate this pump, doesn’t look factory to me. The suction lines are about 1 1/4 and 3/4 on the pressure side. Any input from any of you who might have an idea what should be on it would be appreciated.