Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hanomag 66C front axel seal

Leif ยท 2023-04-29 22:29

Hello! I have some issues with my Hanomag 66C wheeloader. The front axel is leaking oil quite badly, you can clearly see oil dripping down on the brake disc and inside the rim. I have checked the part number ( 3000 866 X1) , and It looks like there is 2 oil seals that needs to be replaced. The problem is these parts is hard to find, and a dealer is offering these for nearly 200 $ EACH. Do anybody have the correct measurements and data of these two seals, so is it possible to find two universal seals instead? Thanks Leif

Replies3
  1. #1Bigbert2023-05-01 15:58

    Hi Leif, which type of axle is it? ZF AP7 or 9? something else? The Hanomag got same axle as the Faun Frisch 1300? 1400? or Ahlmann loaders. See attached a sectional sketch of the Hanomag 55 C loader. Not sure whether the smaller type got same size of axle.

  2. #2Leif2023-05-01 18:00

    Hello, Bigbert! I think the front axle is the AP 17 ZF, because the rear axle have a smaller hub reduction bell. Edit: Looks like this axel fits these machines: Zettelmeyer ZL4001, Hanomag 66C Radlader und Kiruna K250 Dumper

  3. #3Bigbert2023-05-03 06:25

    Hei Leif, I'm afraid the seal ring is very special design as sealing the axle drive is not quite simple. Did you ever ask in ZF service station?