Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hanomag B8B

texas5020 · 2019-11-01 05:39

Hi folks ! I´m just about to buy a Hanomag B8B but can´t find any specs on it anywhere, is there somebody here that can help me in any way ? regards Anders Karlsson

Replies12
  1. #1Bigbert2019-11-02 16:50

    Hi Texas5020, the Hanomag B8 might be equipped with a Deutz engine and a ZF NG40 and 3 or 4 WG 30 or 35. See some pics here: http://www.baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/thread.php?postid=515144 BR Bigbert

  2. #2texas50202019-11-03 02:13

    Thank you so much Bigbert, that is a real goldmine of pictures you sent me !!! I didn´t find nearly anything about the B8B on the net. I´m about to trade an old B8 for my Mercedes 508D motorhome so I would be glad for specs and anything about them. Is equipped with a Hanomag D941 engine as I can see from the pictures but I don´t know what year it is. I haven´t seen it in reel life yet and now I´m off for work in two weeks and I´m looking forward to get it home in the workshop to see what´s needed to be done because the snow isn´t far away now. Thanks again for your answer ! BR Anders Karlsson

  3. #3texas50202020-01-07 17:34
  4. #4texas50202020-01-07 17:37

    So I finally got the old babe home and inside the workshop, it looks like she had a hard life and in need of some TLC...

  5. #5Bigbert2020-01-08 11:22

    Great, hope there is a long winter in Sweden. Does transmission somehow look like this?

  6. #6texas50202020-01-08 12:55

    Nope, maybe that´s for the older B8. And no, there is a bad winter here this year, normally ther should be 2 foot of snow now and we don´t have nothing right now, just +C and very windy for a couple of weeks.

  7. #7Bigbert2020-01-08 13:04

    Hei Texas, could you share a few photos of transmission, is a type plate still bolted to housing? Is it a ZF transmission?

  8. #8texas50202020-01-08 13:23

    Yes it is, the gearbox with converter and hydraulic pumps is 421/3 and the dropbox is ZF 4-WG35.

  9. #9texas50202020-01-08 13:29

    I´m not 100% sure about the gearbox cause I haven´t got the time to examine everything but the dropbox is the right one. I don´t have any books or specs on it and I haven´t whashed the dirt and oil from it yet but I´ll give you the right answers if you give me some time.

  10. #10Bigbert2020-01-08 16:46

    Hei Texas5020, I have a repair manual for a 3 WG 35 on my computer. Rather big with 25 MB. However in German!!! If you are interested in in spite of this, please share email and we will find a solution to transmit.

  11. #11texas50202020-01-08 17:21

    I´ll be very glad if you would share it with me !!! About solution to transmit, I hope you´re better than me on this computer stuff...

  12. #12texas50202020-01-09 00:32

    My mail adress is : [email protected]