Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Happy Birthday to me..New Dozer

Sturgill · 2018-06-22 20:16

Got me a new (to me) Cat D5k2. Been working it steady the last 4 weeks, and have work lined up. Really like the joystick and hydrostatic. I upgraded from a D4c with peddle steer, that has about 12" of slop in the blade. and C Frame.

Replies7
  1. #1AllDodge2018-06-23 09:03

    Nice one

  2. #2DPete2018-06-23 09:49

    You’re on vacation after running a D4C, nice machine

  3. #3CM19952018-06-23 13:19

    Congrats! I haven't had any seat time in a K series, G yes but not a K.

  4. #4ih1002018-06-24 08:51

    Spent a lot of hours on 6K's, wide and narrow track, love them for slope work. Good purchase. Is that a winch on the back?

  5. #5blucllrplt2018-06-24 10:55

    Nice machine. Owned a 5G that was a joy to operate. Only issue I ever had was the AC evaporator under the seat plugging with dirt when I neglected to change the air filter for the unit on a regular basis. The condensation plus our nasty black clay made a sticky black plug that took a while to clean up.

  6. #6Little_Grizzly2018-06-24 14:13

    Beautiful machine. I just bought a new D4K last year and I agree with you. The hydrostatic and joysticks make it an absolute pleasure to work.

  7. #7Sturgill2018-06-24 18:56

    Yes, that was one of the items I wanted to have, that and the EROPS.