Hi all. I recently bought a 98 Daewoo mega 200. The engine runs well and the only real problem i am having is with the transmission. The transmission is a Clark Hurth 12.2HR24421-2 4 speed powershift The problem is when it's at operating temp, and you shift it, it bangs really hard and it sounds like it's trying to scatter it's self. :Banghead When i first start it in the morning and its cold the trans will shift nice like its suppose to. I thought the problem was in the modulation valve so i took the shuttle valve, control valve and modulation valve off the trans housing. I did find one problem with the modulation valve. One of the accumulaters was sticking in the housing. I used a brake cylinder hone and got it working just fine. When i put it all together it did fix the banging from forward to reverse but not from the shifting of gears. I am now thinking that Maybe the charge pump or pressure regulator is bad/ sticking. I am going to try to check the pressure tomorrow, i just need to get a fitting that will fit inside the ports on the trans to my pressure gauge. any thoughts guys? Thanks in advance.
BTW I forgot to mention that I changed the filter and cut the old one apart. It was clean inside, no metal or clutch material. The fluid is clean and at the correct level.
I think i got the problem taken care of guys. I checked pressures, all were uniform across the board at 240 psi. l then had someone else ride with me and he thought the noise was coming from further back. sooo, after climbing under it and moving the rear drive shaft by hand, the noise could be heard. we tightened some bolts, greased it real good, i changed the axle gear oil and found some metal chunks in the oil. put fresh 80w-90 in with some lucas oil stabilizer to thicken it up real good. It is now much better, not perfect, but better. I think the drive train took a pretty good beating when the modulation valve was stuck. I can do full throttle forward to reverse shifts now and it is smooth as silk. now i just need to find some work for the old girl. laters guys.
Daewoo mega 200 I am looking for a used engine for my daewoo (DAEWOO MEGA 200, used ENGINE). If any can help I'll appreciate it.
The DB58T seems to be pretty rugged, what happened to yours?
I bought it with a hole in the engine block, hence, I am looking for engine block to buy or the engine
have you seen this already? http://www.ecplaza.net/tradeleads/seller/5555550/offer_daewoo_db58_cylinder.html It is a chinese engine block, but i couldn't find one in the U.S. you never know, might be pretty cheap.
Thanks very much. I dont think we have the used parts in America
Hi All JAcked up, Hoping you could help me, do you know if the DB58T is a rebranded mainstream engine like an Isuzu etc? We have a used Daewoo Mega 200-3 and it was pretty badly rusted. The engine and transmission seems ok but i just wanted to check if the oarts are copatible from other OEMS etc. Cheers, Imran
AFAIK the DB58t is NOT a rebranded engine. I believe it to be Daewoo designed and built. If i remember right mine even has the Daewoo symbol cast right into the side of the engine block.
Sripola would you be interested in sell the DB58t engine? If so call John 724-689-6863