Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan loader any good

pjdiesel ยท 2009-06-07 10:52

looking at a trojan loader 1990 2000z or a 1900z how reliable are they, who bought them out and can you get parts for them.i'm in maine any parts dealers for them in maine ? thanks for any answers.

Replies15
  1. #1mikey5312009-06-08 21:04

    I think there is a dealer in Lewiston that has parts I will check with our parts man tomorrow. We have 2 1900's and we can't kill them. The only problem is brakes.

  2. #2pjdiesel2009-06-09 06:24

    Thanks mikey. do you know were there's any for sale in maine? I looked at 2 2000z one was $16000 with 12000 hrs on it the other was $18500 with 4900 hrs, I don't need one that big just for loam and snow.

  3. #3mikey5312009-06-09 17:52

    I haven't looked for any I did find out that Chadwick and Baross used to handle the parts and then they sold everything to Grondin. There several internet sites that have parts too. The 1900 would great for loam and snow.

  4. #4mikef872009-06-09 20:20

    Casey and Dupuis in Watertown, MA and Brentwood, NH still sell parts. There WAS a 2000Z on Machinery Trader in Berwick, Maine. I have a 1500Z, 1900Z, and a 3500Z. Great machines the 1900 has 10,700 hours still fires up better than my other new Cat loaders in the snow. Never jump started it, had it die or not start during a cold winter storm.

  5. #5pjdiesel2009-06-09 20:49

    I looked at the one at southern maine equipment (maybe berwick) it has forks and bucket with 4900 hours on it thats the one for $18500. I sat in it and the visibilty is great, someone said the heaters aren't very good because of air cooled engine?

  6. #6BKrois2009-06-10 16:25

    My friend has a 1900Z with a Duetz air-cooled motor. We were unloading a screener with it in warmer weather and the motor never got hot. It has some pep though, it'll spin the tires. I'd consider buying one myself if i needed a loader, they're stable machines, easy to operate. The only downside as someone mentioned is brakes, my friend spent a good fortune to do the front brakes. All the parts are tiffany prices, even with aftermarket componenets.

  7. #7B&T2009-08-16 13:36

    We have a trojan 3000 thought it was great..but having problems with the steering..had to put in new valve body..but still didn't work steering locked up..

  8. #8pinesd34002009-08-19 05:41

    Mine is a 124 IH gas job. Its been very good to me over the years, However I have been searching for a service manual for years and it is like they never existed, and the plate on the side , cant remember the name but the dealer was in Needham Mass. 1964 still has no leaks. sam

  9. #9drag1line2009-08-21 17:03

    Trojan Loader Parts How about here http://www.trojanloaderparts.com/ Trojan was the US produced O&K that CNH Bought and closed down.

  10. #10coolcatman12009-09-14 20:48

    pics pics pics

  11. #11CatManDoes2009-10-05 08:25

    hi Thanks for the information...

  12. #12sandman3962009-10-25 18:24

    1989 Trojan 1900z front loader (((HELP))) Hello any and everybody!!! I really need some help. I have a 1989 trojan 1900z that in need all the gauges for. There's a total of 6. I'v been looking,but seem to alway get the run around! There all 24 volts. Sure would like some help. Mike

  13. #13cummins052009-10-25 20:28

    Isspro gauges build gages for alot of stuff check then out on the net might not be OEM but they probably will have some that work

  14. #14fendtman2009-10-28 13:03

    why are the brakes that pricey to fix, what is the normal problem iwth them.

  15. #15atgreene2011-06-18 09:49

    I'm looking at a 1986 1500Z that needs new heads. Are heads still available? I'm not worried about fixing anything as long as parts are out there.