Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hard time finding jobs

Mack ยท 2007-07-06 11:32

We are having a hard time finding jobs for just our grading and excavating division. We have been able to get some jobs that both the paving and grading divison work on but we don't seem able to get any jobs that don't require paving. If any of you have any ideas on how to get more grading and excavating jobs it would be apreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1wethead2007-12-18 13:47

    Have you tryed google adwords with demographic targeting? That will help if you have a website , or even one page with a phone number. Let me know what type of work you are looking to get and I could help you get some leads.

  2. #2Renfroe Grading2007-12-19 18:16

    If it is like anything around Georgia it is at a complete stop right now. We were running strong until summer ended and the housing market went down the toilet.

  3. #3biggixxerjim2007-12-20 12:51

    Went down the toilet up here, too

  4. #4whitetrash2007-12-21 08:30

    Try a construction bulletin for NC. One I use is at ReedBulletin.com, Dodge report or CNC bulletin. They all list bid as well as neg. work. You'll have to subscribe, but it's worth it for us for the contacts.

  5. #5RollOver Pete2007-12-21 20:08

    This time of year, it's always slow. From Thanksgiving to the new year, jobs shut down and people get lazy. Even for me it's slowed down. I have enough side jobs to still keep me busy. If it wasn't for my side gigs, I'd be hurting like many others. Thats the one thing I hate about holidays. It gives people a chance to ruin a perfectly good working day.

  6. #6Countryboy2007-12-21 21:03

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums whitetrash! :drinkup

  7. #7Renfroe Grading2007-12-21 22:41

    Country boy where in Georgia do you reside?

  8. #8Countryboy2007-12-21 22:57

    Jones County, about 15 miles outside of Macon.

  9. #9whitetrash2008-01-08 11:50

    Thanks