Looking for some help on Biding I would like to bid on some utility trenches for power. 3-3.5 feet wide, and a good 3 to 3.5 feet down, planning on using a Kobelco 50 to do the work in some hard but decent ground. Open field, no trafic, no pavment. just flat ground. Any ides on feet per hr? with this machine. OR an idea on how many feet you can do with you X machine. I don't' have to use the 50, its just a good price …. IE I own it. Distance would be 1000 + feet. Backfill would come latter, more then likely I have to install a bedding of sand below first and then sand on top, then backfill. Can't afford to damage the power with rocks. Thanks David
I would figure around 300 ft a day if backfilling isnt included. Also depends on how many hours a day you can work. But I'd figure somewhere around 300 feet.
I would also figure 300'-400' a day, if its a bid i would go with 300 for an 8 hour day
are you guys baseing this on my equipment? or at least simular equipment Or more of a personal experiance with a ditch of this size and equipment that you own it would get you about 300 feet a day. Im only asking for digging at this point, I have to backfill of corse but I don't have the details yet of whats going back in My caculation come to 2 cycles a min at a stead rate for a constant of 8 hrs But 300 feet does sound like a good # Thanks for all the help
Personal experience, In an 8 hour day I've done 315 feet of water main. That was with a Komatsu PC220. So 300 feet a day is safe to bid, because that included putting the pipe in, and backfilling.
I operate a hyundai 55 a bit, so my number is based on what i could do with that machine. a close guestimation as ive never used it to trench like that