HAs anyone screwed hex head bolts in hard tires for traction on snow?
Yes and they were off pretty quick. Hard tires are horrible in the snow. I tried as seen in this pic. I put the air inflated set back on with chains and it IS AMAZING!
Yep, like larpy says the screw/bolt thing just doesn't work I tried some large roofing screw type things in mine once and they were hardly noticeable... on the other hand I put double sets of chains on and could just about go anywhere!!! only time I got stuck was when the machine punched through an ice layer with about 8 inches of softer snow under it... still was able to get out under it's own power just took a while One other thing I found out was when in deep(more than 6-8 feet) snow and you're removing it from the side of buildings to keep the snow from the structure's siding is be very careful when under the roofline!!! had an avalanche more than once slide off the roof and fill the cab once that happens you're stuck!!! and you better have a helper close by to dig you out this wouldn't be an issue if you have an enclosed cab or at least a front door but mine is open
I also did double chains and that sucker goes!!
Best part about the doubles is when you break one(as I did several times) you still have a spare
do you do anything to prevent ur knees from freezing? tired of that happening to me in my cat. got insulated pants on even. brrr . as for getting stuck in snow i just use my buket to get me out slowly...
I never had a problem with getting cold... I wore my sled gear when running the open cab bobcat. But milwaukee makes electric suits, gloves,etc...
yea i did it with insulated work pants. resorted to a blanket but only helps for so long and gets in the way.. was researching door options for my cat 272c but cant find much out there. wouldnt be to hard to put plexi on the sides though and rig up heat theres line there for it already
I put a cab on with a heater !