Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 675B skidsteer

Garageguy · 2019-12-07 14:32

I have a yanmar 4 cyl in my skidsteer it’s a 4TN82E-SP I just threw a rod through the block . Motor is pretty much junk . Has any one heard of any other motors being put in those other than this one ? It’s a nice machine so I’d like to fix but only motor I can find is in penn and they want 5k for it . Not worth it cause machine won’t be worth that. Any advice would be nice

Replies5
  1. #1Tags2019-12-07 17:35

    It all depends on what the machine is worth to you, $5000 may be a bargain compared to the amount of time and fabricobbilling it will take to adapt a different engine. Plus you would still need to purchase said replacement engine and try to get it to work....

  2. #2mowingman2019-12-07 17:47

    I could be wrong, but many of the old JD skidsteers were built by Mustang. You might check with them and if their records go way back, they might know what other engines it came with. I believe that is very similar to the old NH machines, which often came with a 300CI Ford 6 cyl.

  3. #3Garageguy2019-12-09 09:28

    Ok thanks for the replies !! I’d really just like to find a block or a motor that needs to be rebuilt . That way I know what’s been done to it

  4. #4Welder Dave2019-12-10 00:56

    It's a New Holland based machine. Depending on the rest of the damage, the block may be repairable by a shop experienced in cast iron repair. Although way smaller I know of a 14 HP Kohler engine that had a softball sized hole blown in the side of the block when the balance gear exploded. It was on a golf course mower and I knew a shop that did specialty welding so took it to them to see if it could be repaired. They formed a 1/8" steel plate to fit the giant hole and contour of the block. Then they heated it up super hot and brazed the steel plate to the cast iron block. The brazing had full penetration to the inside. Wrapped in a fire blanket to slow cool. Honed the cylinder, cleaned up the rest of the block, put it back together and it ran fine.

  5. #5Garageguy2019-12-10 05:30

    Iv thought of that as well cause the hole is a bit smaller than a soft ball. And it’s right in center of block only prob is I put my hand up in there and it feels like the rod took a big chunk out of the piston liner and I can’t remember if that has liners or if it’s cast into the block