Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hardhat sticker exchange

qball ยท 2009-01-21 21:32

who would be interested in a hardhat sticker exchange? i have tons of different local 150 stickers and would be willing to trade for union or company stickers. anybody wanna trade?:beatsme

Replies12
  1. #1Dirtman20072009-01-21 22:04

    In 8 years I've never been on a jobsite that required the use of a hard hat.

  2. #2qball2009-01-21 22:08

    lucky you. put the sticker on your toolbox then. or your bike. or your lunchbox. geeze, think outside the box a bit.

  3. #3Turbo218352009-01-21 22:19

    come to the real world, where saftey glasses, hard hats, steel toes and daily safety meetings are required. Basically, any Turner Construction job

  4. #4Dirtman20072009-01-21 22:48

    It's hard to think out of the box. I don't own a lunch box either. I always leave around 11- 11:15am for lunch... or when my tummy starts talking. Then I come back and do the scoop, swing, dump for another 5 hrs. Go home and start again the next day.

  5. #5CascadeScaper2009-01-21 22:53

    Oh man, couldn't have said it better, Turner's management teams are safety fanatics.

  6. #6stock2009-01-22 17:07

    no glasses yet but hiviz clothes, gloves are now nearly manditory on all sites,as the law says "reasonably practicable", method statements,risk assements, operator tickets, training ,toolbox talks,etc etc etc paperwork now takes as long as the job :Banghead:Banghead

  7. #7hoeman6002009-01-22 17:14

    is that all !we have to wear hardhat,glasses,steeltoe boots, vest, and thats just in the cab, their are other task spacific p.p.e. we need to wear

  8. #8Wolf2009-01-23 13:05

    So, back to the question. How are you going to organize the sticker exchange?

  9. #9AtlasRob2009-01-23 13:18

    I'm not sure we would be allowed to put stickers on our hard hats! I'm pretty sure somebody would be questioning the composition of the adhesive and if anybody had done a risk assesment of the consequences of an incompatible adhesive coming in contact with the construction materials of said hard hat. :drinkup Oh Dirtman look what you gone and done now !!!!! :notworthy fancy admitting you dont wear one bet you got flip flops for the summer too Sorry Wolf ! Yer what about them stickers

  10. #10JimBruce422009-01-23 13:24

    This might be a misunderstanding, but I think I once heard that the stickers are technically a "no-no" with Health and safety... but since I've seen MSHA AND OSHA inspectors with stickers on their hard hats, I think it was a bunch of poo:crazy

  11. #11AtlasRob2009-01-23 13:34

    When we get inducted to a site, we get an induction number and name on a sticker to put on our .................. yep, hard hats :beatsme I know of a contractor that banned rigger boots due to the number of ankle accidents. 6 months later the sub contractors earthworks forman produced pictures at a safety meeting showing the contractors senior management escorting a visiting management team wearing...................yep, rigger boots :beatsme

  12. #12qball2009-01-24 06:00

    i am not sure. p.m. me and we can exchange info. i have allready sent some to a couple other members and it was no big deal.