The title pretty much says it all. The damn filter gets plugged so quick when it's dusty it couldn't hurt to put one on I imagine, has anyone done it?
Shouldn't be too much of a problem to do it. Don't have one, so I don't know if this (these) would work... http://www.agrisupply.com/pre-cleaner-model-donaldson/p/20207/ You will need to know the diameter of the filter top, to find one to fit your application...
Have these on Takeuchi TL150s, as a factory supplied part. More than triples the cleaning interval for the outer filter. Have two on order (since June) from Enginaire, for to try on my SVL75 machines. Not sure if they'll fit, clearance wise. Will reply after trying. Looks like I'll have to tilt radiator to remove the lid, but, again, not sure until I try them (if they ever get here).
That's very interesting, I think not may be too long to fit in the engine bay though...please let us know how it works out...
look into a TURBO 2 brand precleaners , back in 1980 when mt st Helen blew we had to clean the air filter about every 4 hours , we put a turbo2 precleaner on and we could go a several days with out cleaning it
Installed an Enginaire VLR lid on an SVL75-2. Had to bend a fuse panel holder, elongate the filter can bracket holes (to lower the housing), adjust the top radiator hose to fit the radiator at an angle, and, still had to trim a bit of the lid inlet fins, as it was too close to the top radiator hose. Also, had to reclock the VLR lid, by removing the 5 screws on the VLR end cap and turning one hole counterclockwise. It's close, but it can be removed without tools, or tilting the radiator. Clearly, the other suggestions are from well intended people, but, they obviously don't have a "10lb of **** in a 5lb can machine". I also fitted a stanadyne fm-100 separator assembly in place of the factory "water" separator in the fuel supply side. And, installed the Kubota rear vision camera system. As an aside, if you have an SVL75, inspect the longitudinal bracket under the muffler. Mine was sheared at both ends (2300hrs). The muffler outlet was melting the AC hoses that it was resting on, and the muffler inlet pipe was sheared. Kubota tech says that's a first. I welded and reinforced both ends of the bracket, and patched the muffler inlet pipe.
Looking back on my post, some clarity is in order. Our SVL75-2 got the precleaner, and rear vision camera. It is due to get a strainer in the filler neck, and an FM-100 water separator. Our SVL75-2 is awaiting the test fit of a precleaner, it had a completely sheared muffler support bracket, and now has an FM-100 water separator and a screen in the filler neck.
Installed
Installed
Bent out of the way
Thanks for the pics, I was looking at my 90-2 again the other day and I think there's even less room in that than there is on the 75. My exhaust brackets and the DPF were cracked on mine as well, the dealer repaired everything without any cost to me....