Hello, I got a replacement radio for my 2014 Cat 259D. I have the little removal tools which I thought would have made this an easy job. 1st mistake i guess... i inserted the tools till they clicked and pulled= nothing happened. pushed in a little further and pulled harder. Only thing that came out was my anger. pushed and pulled till I thought something was about to break and gave up and started work project. Is there something missing in this complex task of radio removal that I need to bring in a certified radio replacer?? Thanks in advance..
Depends on who installed the radio. If I had to guess the original radio came with a threaded stud on the back of the radio. The installer most likely put the radio in the box and then raised the cab and installed a nut to hold it to the case. You may be able to look past the loader arms and see it. However it is much easier to remove the two cab hold down bolts and simply raise the cab. You will save yourself a lot more headache when trying to unhook and hook the wiring up if the cab is tilted. Best of luck
Yep, stud had nut on back of radio, raising the cab was the ticket. thanks