Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Has anyone tried this tool on stuck fasteners?

nova481 ยท 2019-09-16 17:58

This thing is amazing on some of the youtube videos I've seen. https://smile.amazon.com/Profession...8&hvtargid=pla-1008201266832&sa-no-redirect=1

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2019-09-16 18:31

    Never seen that tool that low in price...with that said, it does work pretty awesome as the heat stays concentrated, unlike when using a hot wrench (torch). Heat fastener, allow to cool, try to remove...if it doesn't loosen first time, lather, rinse, repeat.

  2. #2grandpa2019-09-16 19:36

    They work good... especially on rusty gas tank bolts.

  3. #3Jonas3022019-09-16 21:06

    They get the job done

  4. #4pushbroom2019-09-16 21:48

    I tried one, works good if you have to use it. If you are working in an open area, torch is the way to go. I know some of the mines love it because every time they light a torch they have to fill out paperwork. This has no open flame so no extra safety BS.

  5. #5walkerv2019-09-16 22:35

    I bet it would work good on corroded battery hold downs, i might have to get me one i have never seen one priced so low either

  6. #6rickw2019-09-17 06:41

    It is crazy how quick it cherrys a bolt!

  7. #7nova4812019-09-17 11:13

    I've never seen a tool like that, that's why I posted it, to spread the word.