Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 410G instrument panel

todd93 ยท 2019-09-16 20:19

Hello, everyone. Having a little trouble with the instrument panel in a 410G. It affects the fnr when the machine is in motion. There are times when it kicks the machine into neutral as your in motion, then some light tapping on the panel, and it takes off again. I've wiggled all the wires on the panel, and that does nothing, so it tells me that there's possibly a bad solder joint in the panel itself. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks! Todd

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2019-09-16 22:42

    Never forget your grounds. No I have not had that happen, and you may be right, but grounds are easier to check than a circuit board.

  2. #2todd932019-09-17 07:21

    Yes, I'm going to investigate the grounds, my only issue is finding them all. I'm not sure how many ground locations this machine has. I agree that a ground would be a lot easier to fix, however, I do have a good background in electronics, and am able to fix the circuit board, that's only if I can get into it.... The instrument panel isn't in the best shape, either, it's not too bad, but lots of wear and tear. Thanks Todd.

  3. #3Delmer2019-09-17 08:59

    Do you have the technical manual with the wiring diagrams? They're usually good about showing all the connection locations and explaining the function of major components. Probably not so good for telling you what will fail down the road unexpectedly... I can't say I remember anything like this with a Deere before, sorry. The manual should help explain how the instrument panel affects the FNR, which I don't understand, which is why I'm throwing out irrellevant ideas. The only other thing related to grounds is the older models used a "logic module" to set off the alarms, that logic module was "triggered" by grounding through the key switch. Hopefully you understand the 410 G better than I do, or else you're in trouble.

  4. #4todd932019-09-17 09:19

    Thanks for that information! Yes, there are some manuals for this machine, but I didn't see much past an operator's manual. This isn't actually my hoe, this belongs to a friend of mine, I'm just looking at it because I work on tons of electrical components. I agree with you that this is an odd problem for a Deere, as they're built to withstand a lot of punishment... Odd that you mentioned the key switch, as it's not acting right, either, so that may be part of the problem.. I'm going to go back over there and look through the other manuals and see if I can find the right one.. I appreciate the help! Todd