Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

has anyone used a carlson stump splitter?

whiteline ยท 2016-08-29 23:47

looking at Carlson and Sons Stump splitter for some clearing. Looks Impressive but wondering if anyone has experience with it? Im experienced in clearing so before you go and say just use my bucket and teeth or rake, Im talking 4 foot fir stumps. I have a beautiful purpose built forestry machine and Id like to not always have to beat the holy hell out of it Thanks in advance

Replies1
  1. #1Jumbo2016-09-11 23:31

    OK, since nobody else has said it: I learned stump splitting with a Dupont splitter. The fellow I learned from, could either just lift and crack the stump, with no damage, or... he could vaporize it with minimal labor. and lots of Dupont. Boss preferred just lifting and cracking the stumps (economics.) He could take a stump make it look like nothing had happened, but when hit with a blade it would just crumble into firewood size. Anything from 30" up to 72" stumps. As a young kid, like most, I preferred the vaporizing stump technique.