Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Has anyone used online shop manual websites?

Cmark ยท 2022-08-14 19:40

Hi team. I need to download shop and parts manuals for a JCB JS290. Now there are about a thousand websites saying they have the information for around $30 which is OK, but does anyone have first-hand experience with any of them. I don't particularly want to get ripped off before I find one which delivers what they say.

Replies14
  1. #1.RC.2022-08-14 19:47

    I bought on online manual once. There was no preview and turns out it was a totally unusable scan of a printed manual. The images were dark and the scan was cropped so their was information missing on the edges.

  2. #2Tenwheeler2022-08-14 20:27

    I have: Good and bad. All of that is at work. Have to start early and run hard tomorrow. Will try the look up those companies tomorrow afternoon. USA Eastern time if that helps.

  3. #3Cmark2022-08-14 20:33

    Thank you. Any information gratefully received.

  4. #4Volvomad2022-08-15 05:52

    Got a downloaded work shop manual from emanualonline.com a month ago. A clear well done copy from what I saw of it so far. If only they had an index.

  5. #5excavator2022-08-15 11:44

    I have a monthly subscription to Scribd which has a lot of manuals, I've also used Tradebit and have had good results.

  6. #6Nige2022-08-15 12:28

    The manuals on Scribd all seem to be kosher factory originals if the ones I've seen to date are anything to go by.

  7. #7Tinkerer2022-08-16 09:11

    Is it a .pdf format file ? I'm just curious because I have never encountered a .pdf that didn't have an index and was searchable. Unless it is password protected. Even those can be usually be unlocked with the proper software.

  8. #8nowing752022-08-16 12:25

    i woule check with toolking on hear seams to have lots of manuals

  9. #9Mike_272022-08-17 00:06

    sometimes people scan the pages into an image format like jpeg, then create a pdf from those. they are not searchable, you can't select text, no index, etc.

  10. #10Nige2022-08-17 05:41

    Sometimes even OEM's do it when converting old documents that were originally on microfiche to pdf to upload to their online systems. I've come across that a lot.

  11. #11Muffler Bearing2022-08-17 08:09

    I've also seen them label an operators manual as a service manual

  12. #12Oros2022-08-17 11:33

    Used emanualsonline no problems do far

  13. #13Tinkerer2022-08-18 09:07

    I have converted .png's to .pdf's a few times and searched the file successfully. I use Adobe Acrobat Pro., in the edit mode to do the search. The image below is a quick example I just did for a demonstration.

  14. #14Volvomad2022-08-18 09:19

    Shoot . I try pressing the laptop keys with the vicegrips. If that dont work ,I press them with the hammer. I usually start with a small hammer and get progressivly bigger until ?