Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hated to do it.

Blueboy ยท 2016-07-12 10:33

I cut the hook off because I wasn't sure if it would hit anything when I turned it back around the way it was supposed to be. I hated to do this but not being able to get to the grease fittings was bothering me. Another thing was whoever did this cut the back side of the hook in half so it would sit flat for welding. Good for welding but weakened the hook. You can see a gap between the hook and the link, so there wasn't much of the hook left. My question now where can I get a hook to weld on the correct side? I found this on Amazon, but I'm sure it's made in China, which might be fine but I would like to get one made in U.S.A. 10 ton might be a little more than I need but better safe than sorry. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008TURIVC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3QV9MJQ79HOJZ&coliid=I9T77KIO8EPTI Does anyone have an idea where to get one? Or some other way to go about it? Thanks! Blueboy

Replies3
  1. #1gtermini2016-07-12 11:17

    www.cmforge.com/stock_products/weld_on_hooks.pdf CM has yet to let me down. Looks like the M43XX series are USA. You'll probably cry when you see the price though. Greyson

  2. #2Blueboy2016-07-12 14:01

    Thanks Greyson! Local distributer has a 5 ton made in U.S.A. (M4305) for $113. Only $33.00 more than the 10 ton on Amazon. I've seen other ones on eBay over $200. It will be here in a week Problem solved! Thanks!! I love it when a plan comes together

  3. #3sheepfoot2016-07-12 14:29

    That should do you. We are lucky to have some cable and rigging suppliers close to the office due to the state ports and so much shipping in this area. They will match prices on some things to make the sale to us and carry major brands along with a lot of china stuff.