I have a 580b case backhoe 1972 with gas engine 188 I believe I need help in finding out whether I can use a piece of pipe on the cooling system just above the thermostat there is a clamp the Manuel shows the clamp just above the thermostat, would like to know exactly what this piece looks like the case dealer wants 70$ for it someone please help Thanks Carlos
What machine are we working on?
Sorry forgot to put that in, It's 1972 case 580b backhoe with the 4 cylinder gas engine.
I seem to think that sleeve was smaller than the hose inside of around 2". You would push the hose down with the sleeve clamped in the hose and tighten the lower clamp and it held the thermos in place. I may be wrong but I do not recall a grove in the housing or a grove in the sleeve for the thermostat. I would make a spacer sleeve and try it. The (B) also had two different gas engines also, the 159G at 43 hp. and the 188G at 50 hp.. The stroke was the same but the bore was larger, mostly the very first units in the (B) series.
Thanks for that