Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hauled its last load

Mike Van ยท 2015-06-13 13:04

I'm 3 miles off the main road, out in the woods hauling some logs out - I come upon this old rig left to rust away - I have no idea what it is, car or pickup ? From the look of it though, it's been sitting a long, long time - Not sure when they last used wood spoke wheels? The last pic shows my old [1974] Chevy over the top of the really old one -

Replies5
  1. #1Old Junk Man2015-06-13 13:15

    I like the old stuff. I have no idea what it is. Maybe the Guy,s over at the HAMB could identify what it is. Theres a sitting & rotting thread ive got one of tose chevys like yours.. Mine is a ten wheeler 366 engine 5 speed two speed. full air brakes and a air bag tandem. I haul a TD14A dozer on mine. and logs ect.

  2. #2lantraxco2015-06-13 13:30

    Did you count spark plugs? Might be a straigh 8 from the length. Gear driven water pump on the side? Pretty unique!

  3. #3chevota842015-06-13 14:26

    It was definitely a truck, suspension and frame is way too serious for a car.

  4. #4micoasters2024-10-22 12:22

    looks like an older pickup. definitely pre1925. possibly a Ford AA or international harvester

  5. #5Shimmy12024-10-22 22:51

    These guys are tenacious ^^^^^^^^