Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hauling 10 ft equip on 8 ft trailer

HarryE ยท 2013-10-24 08:32

With a 10 ft wide wheel loader how do you fellas do it? I was trying to figure out how you would tie it down if the trailer had ext it would make it difficult to reach the D rings with the chains. I'm just looking around to see what is best. Many years ago I hauled wide ag equipment up to 15' wide for short distance, was still a nightmare.

Replies4
  1. #1wilko2013-10-24 09:02

    Not sure what the question is....? If you cross chain I don't see how it matters how wide it is. Keeping the DOT happy, that's a whole 'nother question.

  2. #2HarryE2013-10-24 12:15

    I guess is a foot of tire over hang on each side w/ 23.5x25 acceptable? I'll be moving it 35 mi on state routes to the job.

  3. #3Dozerboy2013-10-24 15:11

    Ya thats enough, but no out riggers?

  4. #4HarryE2013-10-24 16:40

    Not yet, Most of the trailers I've found are 8' w/out the out riggers. The one's with are priceier. Just lookig at the options.