I have a Cat 315CL and I am looking at getting a new set up to haul it with. Currently I have a dedicated truck and lowboy, just to move the excavator. I also have a couple of 10 wheel Mack (RD's) dump trucks. I would like haul the 315 on a tag trailer behind one of my dump trucks. Before I make the investment in a larger trailer tag trailer. I would like to know if anyone (on here) has hauled a 315 on a tag trailer and if so how does it pull. Also what are your thoughts on a tandem axel trailer vs. a triple axel trailer. Please keep in mind that the 315 is the largest machine I will be pulling on this trailer.
We have hauled s 315bl on a TK 40 trailer behind a tandem and tri axel truck. We have a 315d now that we can haul on the tk40 but stick must be taller because we need to have it far back. It tows ok with air brake trailer. One problem we have run into is when loading it lifts the back of the truck and puts lots of stress on the upper part of the hitch and have had them fail. Best of luck.
You will have no issues!! I own a 25ton eager beaver and move 320,321,and even have moved a 322 local!! A 315 is a perfect fit for any normal 20ton trailer! Only advice is make sure you run a 50ton pintle on truck and the eye is solid n meaty on trailer!!! Also make sure the big nuts on eye are in good shape!! Stay away from those Chinese swiveled pintles! Good solid 45-50 ton locking Pinter attached to a good solid base !! You will have no issues! In my eyes lowboys are for 320 n up ! Anything else is tag material!!! Here in ny a 25 tag is a normal combo ! Mbd
Thanks for the info. The 25 ton eager beaver is what I am looking at/for. Thanks again for you help!!