I have an older champion 740a, Wanting to haul it on my 20 ton tag,(30') I havnt tried it yet, but pretty sure the blade is going to get hung up. Is this doable?
I've hauled a JD 772A many times on a 25 ton Felling, never had a problem. If you side-shift the circle and the moldboard all the way to the right, and have the blade angled as far as you can without it interfering with the right front tire, you can follow the beavertail with the blade. Pick the front up as you crest the deck, let down as you drive on, and the tail will get more than high enough to clear. If you are REALLY good, you can spin the blade parallel to the machine under the circle, and not need an over width permit.
I've never driven a grader, but I checked YouTube to get an idea of what Shimmy was talking about and found this video.
That trailer is what you call a "paver special". It has a lot less slope on the beavertail for clearance loading. He didn't have to mess with the blade at all. That was a pretty small blade, too.
Semi drop deck trailers with ramps are very popular here, even with general freight operators, because of their versatility. Some dealers are cashing in on the demand by tacking a set of ramps on trailers with no beaver tail, which could make things interesting. I've spent the past few months looking for a good used trailer at a reasonable price but gave up and ordered a new one for not a lot more.