Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Haultruck identification ????

slagpot ยท 2009-10-06 15:42

I found this picture awhile back and have never seen anymore haul trucks like it. Do you know the makers and have more photos ? Patrick

Replies8
  1. #1RonG2009-10-06 15:47

    I'll bet that would be fun to back up!! Ron G

  2. #2BigDiesels2009-10-06 16:11

    That looks like a CAT tractor (776 or 784?) with some sort of custom single axle, rear dump trailer.

  3. #3granitefan7132009-10-06 18:46

    I agree, it seems to be a 776 tractor, as the wheels match those of a 777. Its unusal none the less. I've really only seen these tractors pulling belly dumps or TowHaul lowboys.

  4. #4dozerdave2009-10-06 19:56

    We called them rockers and they were pulled by R85 Eucs on a dam project in Ca. Backing up was no problem, they were loaded by a 280B shovel and a 992A Cat loader. I can't remember the manufacturer but maybe Athey.

  5. #5homer3712009-10-06 23:28

    Those trailers are made by Atlas. Here is a link to their website. http://www.maxter-atlas.com/

  6. #6slagpot2009-10-07 12:03

    Homer371, Thanks for the ID . I can now sleep at night without my mind working overtime trying to figure out who made it. Very cool looking machine.

  7. #7miningtrucks2009-10-14 22:34

    slagpot can i have your password for your photobucket account cause i saw your cool steel mill pictures and i want to see more cause you get to see some cool equipment

  8. #8slagpot2009-10-15 23:36

    I would if I knew how. Was just on there and couldn't figure out how to make it public. I'll keep working on it ,and get back to you. Slagpot