Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

have a 305 cat excavtor with a kan engine and head is cracked where can i get one

bruce maclennan ยท 2020-09-30 15:04

where can i get a head

Replies5
  1. #1kshansen2020-10-01 08:20

    Not sure why but I'm not seeing a "KAN" prefix for any Cat engines. Might not be a North American model. Maybe include the full S/N for the 305?

  2. #2bruce maclennan2020-10-01 08:29

    sn catoo305edgt02036 might be perkins

  3. #3Nige2020-10-01 11:10

    The engine model is a K4N (Mitsubishi), not KAN. Cylinder head assembly is Cat Part # 246-3071. No Reman is listed, a new head lists at $1168. Plenty of the 246-3071 Part Number appears on Machinery Trader and other suppliers sites.

  4. #4kshansen2020-10-03 09:00

    I was thinking that but did not want to assume anything.

  5. #5Nige2020-10-03 12:10

    I did it based on the machine Serial Number quoted in Post #3. It brings up the engine model number.