Hey guys, as the subject says I have a John Deere 410b and I'm feeling pretty stupid about it. It's my first backhoe and I had a local excavating company that I know go over the hoe and fix some things but now it's leaking hydro fluid and I don't know where to refill it or exactly what to refill it with. It came with some manuals on CD but they are all US Army and not really an easy read. Any help would be Seriously appreciated.
Theres a door on the right side in front of the rear fender. Theres two dipsticks in there. one is for the reverser and one is for transmission/hydraulic oil. Both use the same type oil. The "proper" oil is JD Hy-Gard but any comparable trans/hydraulic oil should be ok. The reverser oil is checked with the engine running, the other level won't change much running or shut off. Both levels are filled through those dipstick tubes. You should be able to get an operators manual direct from Deere. Check the Deere web site.
great Thanks Jonathan. I know exactly what/where you are talking about. It couldn't have been said clearer.
Eager, I have a 410B too. Not a bad hoe. Bought it last year. It has a few issues, but I'll get them resolved and have a pretty good long term investment I think. I got all the manuals on ebay. Watch there. I bought the army manuals on cd too. They suck. No where as detailed as the factory manuals. Good luck with you Deere. From one newbee to another
issues Yeah, mine has a few issues too but I'm working through them. It's good to know that there is someone out there with the same machine.