has anyone ever ran across this 580C case backhoe, had to rewire it when I bought it the wires had been cut up and butchered just had a key and cylinder to start it which works find had bypass all gauges and lights and clutch cutout. but now here the problem when i start it now it start right up and runs fine, i did hook it back up the way it was supposed to be like it should going the solenoid and to the breaker so i only turn on the gauges when the key comes on but sometimes i notice the power doesn't go to the solenoid and i have to kind of keep playing with the switch and it will come hot this is a new switch and key so don't think it the cause just wondering if anyone has had anything like this before
First check the grounds, battery to frame, frame to engine. Be sure they are clean and tight.
New doesn't mean good. I have seen many bad new switches...
Which starter does it have on it, A Delco or a Nippondenso , with the Nippon it was common practice at our shop to add a starter relay as the wiring to the starter had to much loss to kick the starter solenoid in as the Nippon takes a good amount of amps to engage, after the initial start it was usually good for the rest of the day, you can check this out by using a booster pack or heavy battery charger when it does it. We used the common square Bosch style relay and mounted it right at the starter. From your description that is where I think you will end up, All my career was with Case products and I have installed many on hoes and skidsteers, 1840s and 45s were also famous for this.
oh ok thanks i'll check on that I want to fix it cause got to have those relays powered up or I don't have power going to the power shuttle and believe me u feel it when you try to stop and hit the brakes and that big girl keeps pulling you know the shuttle is not working. I'll let you know which starter I have tomorrow when I go look at it, the key switch I bought was from auto zone and was a 4 pin one so like someone said may not be strong enough.
I've NEVER been a fan of Auto Zone electrical parts.. They have a GREAT warranty.. its just a matter of how many times u wanna pull it out & take it back.??!! & with key switches, its usually best to go OEM.. look on ebay or amazon for your specific mdl & make sure it says OEM {CASE}
An aftermarket switch cost me a starter when it stuck in the start position. I found out that armatures can fly apart.
oh I think I better order one then I found a good parts source on yesterday tractor they have OEM parts thank for the info I knew something had to be wrong cause I put in new solenoid new key and switch and rewired it I knew it should not be doing that unless I wired it wrong somewhere which I could have being I'm new to backhoe I followed the wiring diagrams as best I could and all the video I could find even built me a fuse box relay to run my light with so as to take the load off the toggles switches, ill try an get some pics todays
The problem unless I miss my guess is low voltage at the start terminal on the starter, we installed a extra relay right at the starter, The 580E did not have a starter relay in standard configuration. By sending a high current source directly from the battery cable at the starter to the start tab on the solenoid more than enough current was available.