Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Have You Ever Wanted to Drill a Square Hole?

alrman ยท 2011-10-03 06:55

Never seen anything like this before.:cool2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USQFI9IQ2jo

Replies10
  1. #1cps2011-10-03 13:18

    That is some thing else!

  2. #2250c2011-10-03 19:41

    Impressive. I thought before seeing this that a broach,pritchel, plasma arc and a water jet were pretty much it.

  3. #3mitch5042011-10-03 22:20

    That is seriously cool

  4. #4diggerop2011-10-03 22:32

    Someone had to be thinking outside the square or is that inside the square to come up with that.

  5. #5willie592011-10-03 22:49

    Awesome.

  6. #6Dualie2011-10-05 01:13

    Clever those Japanese! they are doing it in aluminum. wounder how well it would fair in 1 1/2" plate?

  7. #7Haddy2011-10-05 01:29

    Didn't understand it until I seen an other you tube vidio showing how it works , very clever allright !!!!

  8. #8Andre Grondin2011-10-05 09:14

    At least they did it , then for sure there will be a way to do it in a harder material , mather of time . I can only say that this is very impressive .

  9. #9pointrow2012-01-15 14:21

    I know this is an old thread but square hole drilling has been around for 50 years or longer. I ran a radial drill that squared the holes in the u joints for Cat grader shafts back in the mid 60s and I don't think it was a new process then.

  10. #10Steve Frazier2012-01-15 14:30

    I missed this the first time around. I can't imagine the stresses that machine must go through moving the tool that fast!