Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Have you seen this machine before ?

Tiny ยท 2014-01-19 22:02

Might be a few of these . I was given a pile of crane brochures and some of these I haven't seen anywhere . LS 128 LS 228 H

Replies9
  1. #1Scrub Puller2014-01-19 22:58

    Yair . . . Tiny . That first one would be a good pond clean out machine . . . until it was time to move to the next job, lovely looking unit though. Cheers.

  2. #2Tiny2014-01-20 22:47

    It has angle iron boom in it with an option for tube boom . This is a strange set up , Guy wired boom .

  3. #3Scrub Puller2014-01-21 00:43

    Yair . . . Tiny . As you probably realise I know nothing about crane operations, but that is interesting. What is the purpose, does it add stability to the rig? Cheers.

  4. #4Tiny2014-01-23 17:49

    Brother Scrub , I loaned that 900 series flyer to a buddy that wanted to show it to his dad but I have one for a 700 series . .

  5. #5Scrub Puller2014-01-23 20:19

    Yair . . . Gotcha Tiny , thanks, I can now see how it works. I just love the picture of truck loading with the dragline!! Worked for a while for a bloke who had a bitzer dragline he had cobbled up himself, ran a yard and a half bucket on sixty feet of stick. We did a sixty thousand yard road cut. He could spot into little five or six yard tippers for a twelve hour shift. I was on a D6 cutting batters and feeding him. It took about a month with just the two machines, one of the most satisfying jobs I have ever done. I believe there would be very few operators now who could work with such precision . . . in fact I have even had fellers tell me trucks couldn't be loaded effectively with a dragline. Cheers.

  6. #6old-iron-habit2014-01-23 21:25

    I believe that 900 series guyed boom was called a Sky Horse by American. We set one up on a barge in about 1980 using an American 9310. It had only 2 guys going from the mast to the back end of the barge. It was used to set the center span of the Hiway 2 bridge between Duluth, MN and Superior, WI. The one we set up had a mast that was a bit shorter that the boom so we could swing a total of 220 degrees. We were only to swing 45 degrees from either side of center with any load to speak of as we got out of the support range of the guy wires. Thanks for posting the pictures. Brings back a bunch of old memories.

  7. #795zIV2014-01-23 21:39

    Tiny, This company seems to like it's American Derrick style cranes: http://jakescrane.com/international/index.php/notable_project/track-crane/ If the picture won't show larger(just a big white block shows on your screen), right click on the picture and choose the open in new tab.

  8. #8Tiny2014-01-24 02:41

    Jake's Cranes has some time with those machines for sure

  9. #995zIV2014-01-24 08:29

    The one in Alaska is an 11,000 series machine. http://www.jakescrane.com/images/up...ts/heavy_lift_solutions/track-crane_1full.jpg