Lets hear your stories
I admit it Yes , many years ago I flipped a 763 with tracks over foward will back filling the flood wall along the river in the French Quarters with pea gravel , they had install a French drain system and needed a layer of gravel , the gravel doesn't support well , got too close to the edge and it slid forward and rolled over onto it's roof , I was not hurt and able to get out it took two machines to get it back on it's feet and up the enbankment which was about 8 ft , minor damages and it was working again before the day was over ---------
It happened to me in my current skid steer about 8 years ago while clearing brush around a pond by my workplace. What happened was the dead tree I was knocking down kept my front tires off the ground while I was moving forward and next thing I knew, my front tires were over some severe erosion and when the tree branches stopped holding my front tires up, it went over on it's left side. It went over about 45 degrees more than sideways (kinda halfway to upside down) and I hit the cage pretty hard with my left upper body. First instinct was to shut the engine down then I called in a Cat backhoe for help. He flipped me straight up with no problem whatsoever. I checked the fluids, fired her back up and was back in business. I've been a lot more careful since then and still use the machine on a daily basis.
Never rolled over, but I stood mine up on the rear door. I had been telling my dealer that I couldn't load the machine on my trailer without an attachment up front, that the front end was too light and would come up in the air. He told me to just ride it out, that it would come back down after a bit. A few weeks later I was in the position where I was trying to get up on without the attachment and rode it out like he suggested. I ended up seated like an astronaut at liftoff, staring straight up at the blue sky. I shut the machine down right away and went to get my come along. I attached the come along to the attachment plate on front and then to a D ring on the trailer and winched it down. I crept the machine forward until it was level and would stay down on it's own. So much for riding it out!! I've been in spots a couple times where I thought the machine was going to go over, but I had the backhoe on in each case, that boom makes an excellent counterweight and can get you out of some precarious spots!
I was on a job site once and saw one on its side, while grinding trees. The "driver" was backfilling a trench that was like 10 ft wide and 8-12ft deep. He was between the trench and a block retaining wall beatsme why the backhoe operator would put his spoiles on that side of the trench is beyond me) and had very little room to move. This guy was going balls out, the front left tire went off the edge. That was all it took, and she was over. When i got there about 2 min latter the dumb azz was trying to right himself!
The only mishap I ever had was 20 years ago when I was operating a Bobcat for a summer job. I was removing debris from a fence destroyed by a car crash. After loading the dumpster I was waiting on the front lawn of the home for the truck to come back and get the Bobcat when I was rear ended by an out of control pickup truck and flipped me over. I did hit my head on the cage and felt a bit dizzy , but otherwise was unhurt The driver who hit me flipped over and hit the remaining block fence and left in an ambulance. I was told that if the Bobcat was not there the truck would have hit the house instead.
amazing how crashing in a certain spot is contagous. We have a corner on the other side of town that seems to go 10 or so months between wrecks, then we get 3 in a month or so all in the exact same spot. Never have figured that one out. Be careful when working somewhere that someone has crashed, the next lemming might be on the way. ointhead
trying to get 3 post so I can ask a stupid question.
When I was buying my first skid steer I went to test drive a low hour machine Cat were offering. It was on loan at the time and I asked about the machines background; Most skids steers here in the West will get Sand Tyres fitted at the dealer. A popular tyre for sand work at the time was called an EcoCat or something similar...a radial road bias tyre. Anyway, the machine I was looking at was (when new) fitted with sand tyres and sent down south to its new owner. The owner decided oneday to pop a wheelie for the boys and one of the rear tyres blew out when it was up on the back wheels. The machine went over hard and the impact (inside the cab) resulted in head injuries that were fatal. I didn't buy that machine and I've pretty much stuck to plys in my tyre choice. The dealer of those particular tyres stopped importing them for awhile...I believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxP1qFrs4U&NR=1 Sometimes they just ask for it.
Only a young fool would tip a skid steer… So how come this old fool ended up on his side joining this exclusive club? My mission was to remove a pesky little holly tree up the hill next to Hole 11. www.stonemountainclub.com/page21.php There was a stump right above it so I had to work at a slight angle. Little did I know that little tree was a judo expert. Now that we had the skid steer lying on the side of the mountain, we had a good excuse to interrupt the manager’s Sunday afternoon to bring out the back hoe. “After you’re done putting it right side up, how about taking out the holly tree and the stump”. Mission accomplished. Love it when a plan comes together… I highly recommend hard hats and seat belts to you young fools so you can grow up to be a old fools! By the way, if you are a golfer, Stone Mountain Golf Club is really a great mountain course that overlooks the NC Blue Ridge Parkway. It's one of the hidden gems. The golfing is almost as good as the skid steering!
Count me in Cleaning up over 200 fifty year old plus trees blown down by Katrina on my property and racing to complete before the FEMA deadline for picking up debris by the side of the road. The stump I was hauling had a root ball too large to carry the weight low so I lifted it high enough to keep from dragging. The right tire spun off the rim of the LS170 while going up a slight incline and next thing I know I'm brushing dirt off the side of my bald head. Wenched it over checked the fluids and fired it up. Ran great till it burned to the ground last year. (check your fire extinguisher mine did not work) Really upset that I lost it till I figured out it gave me excuse to go bigger.
thats why you never buy from a rental yard
here is a good one i found online
It's funny that the ctl stayed attatched to the trailer, and the trailer stayed hitched to the truck. I remember seeing the result of a trailer with a backhoe on it disconnecting and going over an embankment years back.
Wasnt there someone on the board talking about towing a large skid with a Dakota? That is a good example of why it is a bad idea.
There's a discussion here somewhere about this accident. These same pictures made an appearance a year or so ago. I think the question here was if anyone had rolled a skid steer while operating it.
That certainly is a small truck for that size machine. Hell if you go on any lawnmowing message boards guys are worried about towing a 5x8 trailer with a pushmower using anything less than an F-550
Steve I was the one that posted those pics last year..found them on a site that shall remain nameless... To add to this topic however...I have not rolled our RC100 but I have very nearly tipped it over forwards and I know of someone in Georgia with the same ctl and mulching head we have that did in fact tip it forward and nearly took a log to the face...I will look for some pics to post this evening when I get home....
I have heard of incidents where people have raised the bucket or attachment over something and then tipped the machine over and had an object come in the cab and stab though them and into the seat and pin them in or kill them instantly. As operators sometimes we need to think more before we do something.
In doing interior demo we use 453/463 Bobcats alot which are about 35" wide. Driving over a 2x4 too fast will put them on there side. Happens fairly regularly with guys that havent run this size. Also its easy to bend the lift arms if you have the bucket over 70% up and you pull down on a ceiling or something, something to watch out for. Its kinda funny is that you dont know you bent them until you smell the seals burning.
A self leveling bucket is a savior in that case. First time I was in a skid no one had told me about that problem and I had only run self leveling wheel loaders before. I dumped a load of dirt on the roof and in my lap, fortunately it was just dirt. My Cat has a self leveling switch that is a Godsend. I've had the machine tip forward due to too heavy a load in the bucket, but was able to react quick enough to lower the boom to avoid standing on the nose.
I haven't put one on its side, but I did have the bank give way a little when backfilling a sewer tap. I ended up with the 4" PVC cleanout stack pointing at my head, about 18" away. I was on a job once, with another operator on the (tracked) skidsteer, carrying away the spoil pile I was making with the excavator. Somehow, he planted it on its side, (with his boss about 50 feet way.) After the initial OH ****! moment had passed, (and he'd exited the machine), I just motioned for him to be quiet, and I reached over with the excavator, grabbed the side of the skidder bucket, and stood it back up. To this day, only he and I know it ever happened. :cool2
ur a nice guy digger.
Steve, I have the same problem and found that I can back it up the ramps with no problem by keeping the bucket close to the gound.
Yea that would be my suggestions is to back it on if the front is light without a bucket on the machine. We have a 1845C on the farm with 200 pounds of counterweight on the back and when their is no attachment on it the front won't stay down for nothing and will never even begin to climb a ramp on a trailer.
hey, lots of guys would have pointed and laughed... KARMA
The trailer rollover reminded me of my buddy who forgot to close the pintle hitch. He was going down the road and got passed by the trailer with 1845 on it. he later said when he saw it passing him "Hey that looks just like the one behind me." It was....... it yanked the safety chain loops open, passed him, blast threw a huge wooden billboard, clipped a telephone pole on right side ripping the axles out from underneath the trailer (I mean the whole way out, nothing half about!) spinning it so the left side dug in the ground and over on to its side. The skid loader managed to stay on the trailer though bout the same as that one! Not sure which was the biggest mess; the trailer and its path of carnage or the one in his pants!
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums ronburgandy! :drinkup
thats how a trailer rollover should look. The skiddy should stay on the trailer..to many times i see the skiddy break loose cuz being poorly chained and it causing more injurys.
Never quite understood why people want to pull a skidloader witha 1/2 ton pickup truck AND usually no trailer brakes.....I got grandkids out there on the road!!!
My Dad dumped the 1814 (36" wide) on it's side in the basement (lowering the floor) it banged him up pretty good, he was sore for a couple of days. We just hooked up a cable come along and pulled it back upright, it ran no problem. I'm a bit paranoid about rolling it myself, I'm always ready to put the arms down, and I don't do side inclines. I've scared my self straight with too many near misses.
We pulled an 8000 gallon tank out and I was back filling the hole with sand, I was using an 1845 case with an oversized bucket on it , I raised it a little to high and with the bucket over the hole it rolled in.
Wow that sucks.
I've never tipped one, but came close. Boss had me take the Case 1845 and scrape the mud/dirt we had tracked onto the street. I had the bucket tipped forward, and enough down pressure to raise the front wheels off the ground. This was the common way we do this. Well I hit a joint that stuck up just enough for the bucket to catch on. The next thing I know it was sky-street, sky-street. I has hanging on as tight as I could to those handles. Couldn't convince myself at first to let go of them. Luckily there was no traffic, and if I had not been wearing a seatbelt, I would have been pitched out the front like a rag doll.
my husband just bought a bobcat. i'm on here looking for an answer to a question he has. can't post a thread quite yet. but you guys are scaring me now, he's already had one small mishap with it while i wasn't home. have already figured out i can't leave home when he's running it. A WOMAN'S WORK IS NEVER DONE!!!
Yes, they can be tippy but the occupant is heavily protected, more so than in probably any other piece of farm or construction equipment. Yes, there have been mishaps noted here, but I don't think anyone has gotten hurt in them. Ken
I've gone over several times on an old junk machine a neighbor owns. The worst was when I was unloading some marble slabs for him and he had loads of counter weights on the back. I managed to just back over the side of his driveway where it goes about 200 yards down a mild grade to his pond. The machine went over backwards as soon as I started to move back up onto the driveway. I have no idea how many times it went over, but those rear weights were scattered all over the place by the time it quit flipping. I was so ticked because I kept telling him that the machine was waaaay over loaded with counter weights but he kept assuring me that it was just fine and he used it that way all the time. Found out later that he'd never had that many weights on the back before. I'm now looking to buy my own machine and was wondering if the newer tracked machines are more stable? I think his was some older Gehl machine. I'm looking at a little ASV RC50 machine. Any comments on how it's stability would be compared to older wheeled machines? Thanks in advance for advice on the matter.
You are right about the protection, but tipping can still be dangerous. At the minimum, you will pull muscles straining as a natural reaction against the skid steer going over. Be careful and safe out there, and of course, wear your seat belts.
I came really close to rolling mine a month or so ago. I was mowing along the side of the road to goes into our house and there was a drainage ditch that was covered with grass that I couldn't see. I dropped down into it and nearly rolled over the edge, but the mower had made it to the other side and I was being held up by the mower. The right front was completely off the ground with about 10' of air below.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Of course there is danger of injury. I was just pointing out that skid steers operators are better protected than in most other equipment. Of course that probably suggests that skid steers are more likely to need that protection! My skid won't even start without the seat belt being buckled. Ken
Okay, I have to ask, why didn't HE operate the machine if he was so certain it was safe? Yes, the tracked machines are supposed to be more stable because they have a longer footprint. Note that the ROC on a tracked machine is typically 1/3rd of the tipping capacity whereas wheeled machines are usually 1/2 of the tipping capacity. Why the difference in how they calculate it, I have no idea. BTW, even wheeled machines are more stable with OTR tracks. (More weight down low and bigger footprint.) Ken
I believe the reason the ROCs for CTL's is a 1/3 of max lift is due to the smaller diameter of the front sprocket verse the large diameter of a wheel on a typical skid steer.
I haven't rolled one but in the shop a guy called one of our mechanics and he answered on speaker phone and you could hear the skid steer SCREAMIN!!! in the background and the poor fella was tryin to figure out how to shut it off. It was running off it's own oil, I think he finally pulled the air filter and stuck it in backwards which snubbed it out.
I saw one roll once. Building motocross jumps the guy was driving up the jump and dumping dirt on top and the bucket fell off!! Goodbye ballast hello gravity! No harm done! It was pretty funny!
Roll Over's About the Trailor rollover, Thumbs up on chaining the SS to the trailor. To bad the gut wasn't as good with machine & trailor weight ratio to truck. My 773 has steel OTT tracks and will do tons more with them than without. The same sidling with tracks is gravey, with out scary. If I take them off to do a job I am hesitant to spend 30min to put them back on, until I almost roll and them right away I put them back on. After I wonder why I waited. My brother was helping me clean up a burnt house. We were wheel barreling chared remains into the bucket. He was hauling to the spoil pile and dumping. He didn't have much exp and was to busy watching the bucket to realize he had climbed 5 foot up the pile. If the load hadn't dumped on top of him he would have rolled back off. He put a 66" bucket of wet ash and rotten can goods up to his chest. We had to get him a coffee can to dig himself out with, and lost about 2 hours of work while he cleaned out enough to climb out. He was so nasty he stripped off his clothes before he would climb in his truck. So funny. The rest of us laughing uncontrolably didn't help and he couldn't see what was so funny.
I pull my 763 with a 1/2T Dodge P/U but I have the best electric trailer brake controller money can buy putting the squeeze on the trailer brakes. I have no problem stopping as the trailer does 80% of the work and I can stop as short or shorter than with the truck by it's self. I am rated at 8K for a towing cap and use it all but not much more, I do watch the weight. I have stood my BC on it's nose or nearly so going down hill, the only thing holding me back was the bucket but it did a good job and all 4 stayed on the ground. I won't ever drive forward up the trailer if there is no bucket on the BC, always back up. I nearly went over backwards one time going up a a slight grade to pickup a bucket that I had stowed at the top. I was snaking between a 4WD off road utility truck and a motorcycle when the front end just started up on it's own. A quick spin to get the heavy end of the BC uphill and all was well, I even managed to miss BOTH vehicles that were parked there:drinkup If I can possibly avoid it, I won't drive across a slope, I will go out of my way to avoid doing so, it sucks my private parts up tighter than .... well you get the idea:tong
newbie x2 so i can do the same
Posts in TGIF don't count towards your total, but posts in the "test" forum do. If you absolutely don't have anything of intrinsic value to add to an existing thread, you can always make a couple of posts in the test forum to get to the magic number.
Not turned any over but have seen alot on there nose or stuck where they shouldn't be.... mostly from people that say they can.... they will try to something that only an experience operator can do... Dump truck loading is almost comical most of the time. they usually end up with half a bucket of dirt in their lap every trip... then a foreman, why is he just setting there.. i say he said yes operator.... na he's not... he can't even start it... foreman was mad as hell at me, but that's not my job to train. He can show up on the job to teach his trainees wheelies are about the dumbest thing in the world to do.... serves no purpose... not much of fan of wheel skid steers anymore since we got a 247 cat... it's smooth, compared to a wheel one... it's also faster and tears up less.. great for grade or backfilling sand
i had my old 753 flipped on its side. the rigging crew attached the chains wrong and when the cat335 picked it up it flipped it over. we righted it,waited about 30 minutes and fired it up. oh I was being lifted into 9ft basement walls to spread fill around.was the worst sound i ever heard when it landed on its side
I was operating a john deere skidloader about 2 years ago, i had a boulder in the bucket moveing them around when i sat one down and it settled on the ground the wrong way (it rolled) so i went on the side of a hill to adjust it. what i dident no was there was a washout under the curlex sp?all i remember was me trying to back out then my head hiting the glass when i woke up i was laying on the side at the bottom of the hill with the motor beating and banging. the only thing that happend to me was a couple scrapes on my head the skidloader was totaled.
I guess I'm just luckier than most. I've went off into a pond sideways with mine when the bank gave way. I've put it on both sides and once had it stuck on its nose when the ground turned to jelly and the bucket was full and up. I'm sixty one years old and still love to wheelie just because I can. After all, anyone can get it up, keeping it there, that's talent. Ten years or so ago I rented a bobcat and a trailer. As I was binding the machine down the help hooked up the trailer stuff to the truck. In traffic a little more trailer than usual in the mirror caught my eye. I was in the left lane of a three lane street in Dallas. Five o clock traffic, wall to wall and tree top tall. I caught the trailer against the truck and came to a slow and easy stop, flashers on. What had happened is the help hadn't closed the two and five sixteenths Bulldog coupler so when I hit a bump in the road all that kept us together was the safety chains.:Banghead I was by myself so I broke the binders loose on the bobcat and backed it up enough on the trailer so I could lift it up on the coupler. Once I was hooked back up I bound it back down and hauled butt, thankfull as heck for safety chains and mirrors.
Here are some photos of the nosey I think you would call it. This is up along the Red River a spit's distance from Oklahoma. The soil is sandy with clay. In the photos it looks dry. And it is, on top. The day before I had moved a bunch of dirt with a 416 Cat backhoe. I had to keep moving over each trip because I could see the ground wanting to jelly up. Two trips over the same track and I would have had to bucket-hoe it free. Been there, done that. I'm not the good on a hoe to do it more than once in, well, every decade or so. So the next morning I thought I would clean up the mess with the skid steer. Iris, the JCB 165HF, has Case controls and came with a sixty inch bucket. I put on the six foot tooth bucket which is too much for the tractor when full if I want to lift it more than a couple of feet. No problem. I was skimming, grading if you will, and a couple of feet worked just fine. As I was running across with a full bucket a couple of feet off the ground the left front wheel dropped. Evidently I twisted the left wrist, keep in mind, Case controls, when it dropped. I was instantly on my nose. I killed the motor instinctively. Few motors oil well in an almost upside down position. I got the Cat and pulled it upright after changing the jeans.
Near Miss In early '90s I was moving safely and comfortably down a steep slope on a fairly new Takeuchi TL-26 with full bucket of gravel toward a deep French drain trench alongside a house when suddenly the machine began to accelerate forward on its own. The travel joystick was non-responsive. The bucket joystick pushed forward did allow bucket to drop and begin plowing in front of machine. Came to a stop with bucket hanging over into trench and machine almost tipping over forward into trench and against exposed side of house. I climbed out wondering what the heck had happened and soon noticed hydraulic oil on ground behind me and running into ROPS Cab of machine. When I finally got the hinged cab raised with help of another machine, I found that the main hydraulic hose out of the pump had simply burst open and very quickly emptied the reservoir. That machine actually had a very effective parking brake system that I believe would possibly have activated if I'd had presence of mind to raise the seatbar, but charging down that 30 degree slope at about 30 mph, I didn't remember to try that. Raising the seatbar simply opens (or closes) a switch that apparently causes the travel motors to lock, and I later suggested to Takeuchi's N.A. Distributor that they recommend to factory to consider installing an emergency brake activator switch convenient to operator to be used in just such a case as that one, but I don't think they ever did. Incidentally, the TL-26 was the very first full-time, rubber tracked skid steer on the US market. (Bobcat offered OTT tracks on their 753s.) In spite of that one scary episode, I have bought and operated 5 other Takeuchi machines since then and believe they are simply the best engineered and constructed compact machines available. All's well that ends well.
Forgot about this one. Not quite sure how he did that. But of course the machine picked the perfect time to fry the starter solonoid. Couldnt open the back door to jump the solonoid. Had to pry the top panel off and get it started that way to get it back on its wheels.
Never rolled one on its side but, a man working for me laid it on its nose with the lift arms all the way up while trying to load into a truck on a downhill grade. Could tell it was about to happen and couldn't do anything but, watch it go. Thankfully he kept his arms and legs inside the cage and wasn't hurt and luckly for my work comp he wasn't hurt also.
chains did there job
working clearing a brush pile we had a oversized crew truck and i was in a 763 with a 60" root grapple the truck had to back half way on a slope just so i could pass the grapples over the side board and dump backing away a caught a big branch with the weight all the way up i started goin over forward grabbed the inside that cage so tight i hit and found myself hung up against the bar if that had not been there i would way outside the cab
A tragic accident that resulted in the death of a farmer operating a skid loader occurred saturday. He grew up on that same farm and had owned the Gehl skid loader for quite some time. The safety bar was in place. But he was pitched forward so violently that his back was broken. That was determined at the autopsy. Here is a link to the newspaper story if anyone wants to read it. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=138E001AC0EEE440&p_docnum=2
I tipped a little toyota SDK over, dug abit of a ditch and dropped the front wheels into it so the weight of my body went onto the pedals causing the boom to go up which caused to thing to tip forward.. almost happened in slow motion and it ended up face down with the boom at full reach.. lucky it was soft sand cause i had to tunnel out to get a hand to flip it over before i got sprung haha didnt cost me a carton though so i got away with it!
I was running a long stick excavator digging a pond for my father and had my grandfather running my Case 1845 moving a couple sand piles for me. Everytime I looked he would be running around with the boom above the cab and the bucket full. I would stop get out and go yell at him and he would try to deny it. Then one time I spun the ex around to dump a load of mud and there he was standing beside me smoking a cigarette with my skid laying on its nose. I was able to crawl inside and belt myself into the seat. I then just used the starter to crank over the engine while I held the boom down handle. A few seconds of cranking and the boom pushed it right back on all four. I did have tell my grandfather to Park It and go up to the house before he got hurt or wrecked something. Thank goodness he listened and was wearing the seatbelt.
I was cleaning up around a trench and backed into the hole! I was sitting there looking straight up at the sky like an astronaut ready to blast off!! Luckily the drag box kept me from going all the way to the bottom.
new holland 775 was digging shale got a little to close to edge of high wall left side wheels hanging on edge,well i go get my trusty international tractor to pull back up to where it would be safe.cuoldn;t move it , so now what i go see my brother to tell i need help after he gets off work. had couple of hours to kill just bought AC7580 185 hp tractor it will pull it. so i fire it up and got it on top of high wall just fit now lets get pulling right well i hook onto skidloader to give it a little pull. started to pull but something didn;t look right stopped and looked it over ay looks good only have to pull a couple of feet ok.well using a chain with slip hooks started pulling went about one foot and hokk pops off there she goes rolled completely over and landed upside down on its roof. well look who just pulled in my brother he was like why didn;t you wait on me just to much time on my hands i geust rolled her back over added two quarts of engine oil fired right up bent exhaust pipe a little other than that its ok worried about bom its good should have waited a little longer
yep im a bobcat mechanic and i was moving a dead machine with a versahandler. when i was backing up with it i hit a bump and it started shacking up and down a couple of times on the end and next thing i know it was on its side.
That is too funny! Given that nobody was hurt that is. The dealer should have NEVER said to just ride it out. In order to get these little machines to lift all they do all of their weight is on the back axle. Remove the 500-600 lb bucket and yes you have a machine that can hardly climb over a stone without popping a wheelie. Backing up works every time
Seen a 743 rolled on its side, took forever to get the air out of the fuel, hydraulics came around fairly fast. Also seen a guy climbing hill with half a bucket in forward who hit a rock at the same time as full forward was pushed on the levers and put it over backwards. Seen a 863 go over front wards and land against a grade beam, guy was very lucky not to be impaled by rebar
My gosh, after reading all these replys, I'm going to be a little more careful. Some of you guys are really lucky...
I q2
Many years ago I saw a newbie operator dump a Bob cat on it's face. He was loading a dump truck and he had the loaded bucket all the way up before he was even close to the truck. Don't know just what happened but he probably just tried to stop his forward travel and it was enough to cause the thing to tip forward to where he was looking straight down. He unhooked the belt and came out the back window, wouldn't get back in it. I pulled it back over and on it's wheels with the backhoe/loader tractor I was operating. The pictures of the tipped over trailer should be a reminder that we need to have at least 60% of the weight forward of the axles. I rode in a crew cab with a guy that was pulling a trailer with a Bobcat loaded bucket first, tail heavy trailer that started swaying side to side every time he got over 45mph. I was just a kid back then and had no idea why this was happening but it scared the heck out of me, thought for sure we were going to roll over. The driver was a kid too, a bosses son, and just couldn't resist the urge to try to go faster and we went though the oscillation thing each time. When we got to the shop I asked an old hand why the trailer was getting the side to side oscillation and he told me we had the weight distribution too heavy on the rear. Always loaded the back first after that, made the trailer stable and the machine kept all the wheels on the ground going up the ramp.
The front tip is pretty common on all of the John Deere units we have rented!
i have an 1845c and on my bucket tilt one piston is slower than the other, any clue what it is, i have no leaks
I know I can't count the rollovers and flips on one hand. The Bobcat rep always gave me a hard time. Told me he was going to get me a job in the R&D dept.
I carfully placed my 873 on its side on time and I swear it went in slow motion! I simply caught a root as I was turning out of the trecch I was digging and over I went!
My mom flipped our jcb 165 robot because she was carrying a bucket full of gravel all the way up. She freaked and wouldn't move so my dad gave her a little bump with his backhoe lol
kuckily, just got mine, so, no roll orvers-------yet!
flipped one off of a trailer a couple years ago. Pulling out of a field with a half load of bales and skid steer on the back of the trailer, trying to swing the corner enough to not knock over the farmers corn, wasn't enough room, trailer dropped off. Got the bright idea to unload the skid steer to push the trailer out. Started to rain as i unchained it. hadn't rained in awhile and we do oil our decks. Slid right off the side of the trailer and went ass over tea kettle into the ditch landing upside down. Other one was when i was little. Picking rocks with an LS180 with a big bucket. Had a full back and went to dump into woods, as I was lifting to dump and driving forward, dropped off a little 1' ledge and it fell forward downhill. No luck working it back with the boom. I hate NH seat belts with a passion and love our arm bars we now have, but when I flipped those two I was happy to have the belt.