Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HCEA Brownsville 2008

stretch ยท 2008-08-11 20:37

As quite a few of you know, I had the chance to drive 400-something miles from home to go to this year's HCEA National Convention at National Pike in Brownsville. I finally got the computer to upload my pics so here they are! -Line of old Bobcats, the closest one is one of the originals from 1957, the last one is from 1966. -Cat 943 track loader -the 3500 in all of its glory -NW 25 loading a truck -a couple of Lorains

Replies29
  1. #1Dualie2008-08-11 20:45

    bobcat had a restored 1957 Bobcat on display in their stand at con expo. My dad stopped dead in his tracks when he seen it. HE said if he wasn't as old as he is he was thinking about running away screaming.

  2. #2stretch2008-08-11 20:56

    -Bucyrus-Erie 15-B pullshovel -Link-Belt-Speeder shovel -Insley dragline -Look at all the shovels... -Euc truck :usa

  3. #3stretch2008-08-11 21:03

    -Bay City 20 loading a White dump truck -D4 pulling a 20 scraper -Keystone skimmer -cable D8 pulling a ripper -Too bad the 54-B wasn't up and running...

  4. #4stretch2008-08-11 21:13

    -NW pullshovel -Byers pullshovel -Lima dragline -Allis-Chalmers grader...wouldn't this be nice for those really small jobs... -American and Koehring 205 clamshells

  5. #5stretch2008-08-11 21:31

    -955 and Schield-Bantam shovel -12 grader -D2 and blade -experimental Oliver (OC-12, if I recall) dozer...this little machine kicked some serious @$$ in the pit -A-C dozer

  6. #6dirt digger2008-08-11 21:43

    good pictures...a guy at work here went out there saturday and said it was a good time

  7. #7stretch2008-08-11 22:05

    -D4 coming out of the dust -my cousin kickin' around a DW15 scraper -D9G sitting at the end of the pit...a lot of people were looking at it and wondering why it wasn't out there. I was wondering myself... -8 pushloading a LeTourneau LP pan -another cable D8

  8. #8stretch2008-08-11 22:24

    -Ford tractor and pan attachment -Huber D1300 blade, LP's front end and a Pettibone-Mulliken windrow-picker-upper-thingy machine :beatsme getting ready to work loading the Oshkosh -Oshkosh and Pettibone -Cat Dw10 and bottom dump -the TC-12! I couldn't hear anything for the rest of the day...

  9. #9jimmyjack2008-08-11 22:29

    nice pics ,could anyone run the equipment or no

  10. #10stretch2008-08-11 22:34

    -Thew steam shovel...I don't think I have any stills of the Erie but once I get its video of it on YouTube, I will post the link. -Euc bottom dump -giant Cat loader...which model was this one? -A-C HD20 dozer...another good-sized beast -another shot of the 3500 I took on the way out That's all the ones I selected from the show for your viewing pleasure. :cool2 I will post some of other machines I found on the way there and links to my YouTube with vids from the show sometime this week. :woohoo

  11. #11euclid2008-08-12 12:28

    Dang it I missed a great show, they had a few Ukes in there! If they have it next year i've got to make the effort to get there and see everything. BTW nice pictures!

  12. #12digger242j2008-08-12 13:51

    I heard that somebody who's been there in prior years said this was the best one ever. I don't know whether the fact that this was the 2008 national convention for the HCEA meant there were machines there that usually aren't, or which machines they might have been. Jake and Stretch must've been there in the equipment playground earlier than I was, cause some of the machines they have working pics of were parked while I was there. I got a bunch too, but I'll wait and see what else those guys want to post, and then maybe fill in the blanks...

  13. #13stretch2008-08-12 13:57

    Nawww come on, let's see 'em... opcorn

  14. #14stretch2008-08-12 18:45

    Here's a link to the vid of the TC-12 I took at the show; you should be able to access the other ones from there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MpS7HDlfPA

  15. #15Jake2008-08-12 21:38

    I am looking for myself and the old lady in your pictures but I couldn't find us.

  16. #16Jake2008-08-12 21:54

    D9g

  17. #17Jake2008-08-13 01:06

    more pictures

  18. #18Jake2008-08-13 06:02

    sheepsfoot

  19. #19Jake2008-08-13 06:35

    overview

  20. #20Jake2008-08-13 06:50

    White Backhoe

  21. #21Lashlander2008-08-13 09:24

    Wow thats cool. Are they building something or just playing with the machines? Great pics!

  22. #22Jake2008-08-13 19:40

    Bufflao Springfield

  23. #23Jake2008-08-13 19:54

    Forgotten Forgotten Shovel

  24. #24Jake2008-08-13 19:56

    forgotten shovel

  25. #25Jake2008-08-13 21:02

    Looks like an Erie Crane not a shovel.

  26. #26digger242j2008-08-13 21:13

    Just playing, but having a great time doing it.

  27. #27Lashlander2008-08-14 00:40

    No doubt about that!:usa

  28. #28john10662009-02-16 18:19

    This year there is a show in Richmond RI and next year the national show is supposed to be in the same place Do you know who owns that Koehring 205 we have an older pull shovel 205 I didn't think many were left

  29. #29digger242j2009-03-11 20:14

    I moved the post about the upcoming 2009 show to its own thread in the "Upcoming Events" section.